+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: 'cancellation'

Quote Originally Posted by Katchouro View Post
    With my lot being on the brink of their highest finnish in 28 years and qualifying for Europe it'll be gutting for the season to be voided, but it's looking unlikely there will be any other outcome - with events and information changing so quickly the season can't be completed in a realistic and fair time frame. i'm assuming no relegation, no promotion.

Behind closed doors won't work because it'll still encourage gatherings. So, yep, like I said - gutting, but it would have been worse twelve months ago.
    Not for us it wouldn't

Quote Originally Posted by WTF11 View Post
    Not for us it wouldn't
    In hindsight yes, but at the time Leeds were looking good for top two.

Norwich must be thanking their lucky stars, a force majeure will pocket them about a 100 million.

Quote Originally Posted by Katchouro View Post
    In hindsight yes, but at the time Leeds were looking good for top two.

Norwich must be thanking their lucky stars, a force majeure will pocket them about a 100 million.
    Which is why it shouldn't be allowed. either the standing stand, or the remaining games get played. Voiding a season where over 75% of the games (in all divisions) have been played makes no sense at all (And I honestly would say that wherever Leeds were). How can you void a season where Liverpool end up so far ahead, but still mathematically capable of being caught?

If it was decided to award them PL champions status, why shouldn't the same principle apply to all team at the top of their respective divisions? At what point does a point difference become "unassailable"? When the team cant be caught. Liverpool can be caught, no matter how unlikely.

I was out early on this issue. It was just insane enough for the EFL to screw us one more time.

I"ll be out early on another insane theory. I think that after the hysteria dies down and people start realizing this was just another excuse for the ruling elite to take away more freedom and money from the muggles people will start to wake up and realize this was a bad disease but no worse than some of the bad flu outbreaks. Global death rate well under 1% and we will get herd immunity in us as a species in month or so. Many will not be affected and all of us will be exposed in the next 90 days. it's highly contagious.

Predict that around 4/13/20 people will start to question what the hell this was all about. thousands will have died and 10's of thousands will be hospitalized but no where near worth the economic destruction it will have waged on the planet. China is already there with the opening up. we are 2 months behind but have also learned how to test faster and don't hide the disease the way those scum bags did. Testing in S Korea is the most advanced in the world and their death rate is below 1%. it sucks to be on eof the 1% but bio engineered viruses don't have any herd immunity and they hit hard. Perfect plan for china as lemmings will think that they did a better job of virus control than the rest of the planet than actually tested and published results. They will set the narrative that someone else created the virus and dumped in outside their bio hazard level 4 lab.

Of course, the short sellers made trillions on the market and the wealthy bought all kinds of investments, property and government contracts for pennies on the dollar/pound.

That leaves May and early June to play the rest of the season. May have to get rid of play offs and just let table results stand on the last game.

As much as I would love Leeds to get promoted rightfully this season, I am finding myself less concerned each day as this Covid-19 situation gathers momentum.

Quote Originally Posted by LeedsFTW View Post
    As much as I would love Leeds to get promoted rightfully this season, I am finding myself less concerned each day as this Covid-19 situation gathers momentum.
    In 2019/20, over 6,600 were killed by the "usual" winter flu infections. At present (and yes, I know it can/will change for the worse), there are less than 150 from coronavirus. Every year, thousands are killed by a virus that mutates, EVERY YEAR, and which generates almost zero news headlines, because we expect it, and it doesn't offer the possibility of generating advertising revenues for broadcast news networks, or the newspaper industry.

We know next to nothing about this virus, but the little we do know is that a carrier can be infectious without being symptomatic, and that it kills quiet effectively if you are unfortunate enough to be over 70 and have underlying health issue, and next to f00king useless at killing anybody else (less than 10% as effective as the "normal flu" across the whole population).

No vaccine will appear for at least 12 months, so the ONLY way the vast majority of reasonably healthy, reasonably fit members of the worlds population can assist (and governments should recognise and respond accordingly) in protecting those who are vulnerable (over 70, particularly those with underlying health issues), is by accepting that infection is inevitable, that in the VAST majority of cases they will suffer mild flu-like symptoms and sometimes much more distressing, but non-fatal symptoms, and recover, and be immune, and build a shield protective individuals that the virus cannot penetrate in order to infect the vulnerable. THAT will kill the virus as it cannot survive if it has no uninfected hosts to "jump" to.

It needs self-discipline, maturity, and a willingness (to use a footballing analogy) to put side before self.

Unfortunately, given the disgraceful, shameful events of recent days, when the strong have all too often denied the weak the basic essentials of being able to keep body and soul together, where the locusts have stripped supermarket shelves bare simply because they can, never mind what their need might be, I see little prospect of that nirvana-like situation being realised, and we will continue to act like the proverbial rabbit in the headlights. For shame.

Quote Originally Posted by WTF11 View Post
    In 2019/20, over 6,600 were killed by the "usual" winter flu infections. At present (and yes, I know it can/will change for the worse), there are less than 150 from coronavirus. Every year, thousands are killed by a virus that mutates, EVERY YEAR, and which generates almost zero news headlines, because we expect it, and it doesn't offer the possibility of generating advertising revenues for broadcast news networks, or the newspaper industry.

We know next to nothing about this virus, but the little we do know is that a carrier can be infectious without being symptomatic, and that it kills quiet effectively if you are unfortunate enough to be over 70 and have underlying health issue, and next to f00king useless at killing anybody else (less than 10% as effective as the "normal flu" across the whole population).

No vaccine will appear for at least 12 months, so the ONLY way the vast majority of reasonably healthy, reasonably fit members of the worlds population can assist (and governments should recognise and respond accordingly) in protecting those who are vulnerable (over 70, particularly those with underlying health issues), is by accepting that infection is inevitable, that in the VAST majority of cases they will suffer mild flu-like symptoms and sometimes much more distressing, but non-fatal symptoms, and recover, and be immune, and build a shield protective individuals that the virus cannot penetrate in order to infect the vulnerable. THAT will kill the virus as it cannot survive if it has no uninfected hosts to "jump" to.

It needs self-discipline, maturity, and a willingness (to use a footballing analogy) to put side before self.

Unfortunately, given the disgraceful, shameful events of recent days, when the strong have all too often denied the weak the basic essentials of being able to keep body and soul together, where the locusts have stripped supermarket shelves bare simply because they can, never mind what their need might be, I see little prospect of that nirvana-like situation being realised, and we will continue to act like the proverbial rabbit in the headlights. For shame.

Ageed, it's not the virus that should concern us its the human behaviour.

Almost 8 Million people expected to be hospitalised in UK, there won't be enough staff or ventilators if it just sweeps across without any restrictions to slow down infection rate, so more will die. Know one knows how it may mutate or if you become immune after catching it, its' a new virus. Unlike Italy China went on lock-down very quickly

Maybe China will think twice now with their disgusting/abusive actions with the animal kingdom..some seriously sick f*cks in that country!

Anyway I just want to wish everyone (even you Katch ) a safe and healthy outcome and just keep washing those dannys folks.

I have to say, I personally dont like this herd strategy approach that the UK currently seems to be adopting.

To me, in order for it to work, you have to be prepared to accept there will be loss of life which I dont think should be accepted. It almost sounds like UK Gov do not want to spend money on preventing the spread of the virus and are putting profit before people. You know it's almost like they are saying some people are expendable

I reside in Ireland and whilst I think our Government have put profit before people for a long time, I actually think for once they are genuinely trying to look after the entire population.

I just can't fathom why the UK are acting differently to the rest of the world.

Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)