+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: 'cancellation'

Quote Originally Posted by ImTopMan View Post
    Laughable you've convinced yourselves you'll still be going up even if another ball isn't kicked for the rest of the season.

Are Leeds already mathematically promoted? No. Are any of the Premier League sides already mathematically relegated? No.

Are ANY of the sides currently struggling in the lower reaches of the Prem just going to accept relegation just to get you lot up? Not going to happen.

And as for the jokers saying there'll be a 22 team Premier League next season as you and West Brom go up and no-one goes down, well I know you've not been in the top division for a long time but no top flight league in Europe is allowed to have more than 20 teams in it so that's a non-starter.

Just accept that if the season doesn't resume at any point you won't be going up and will just have to take it on the chin and start again with yet another promotion bid next season.
    I spy a virus.

Quote Originally Posted by Billyni View Post
    I spy a virus.
    Really..I just thought he was a cont

Quote Originally Posted by ImTopMan View Post
    A virus which has already killed people, which now a Premier League manager has got and most of you are playing it down as all you care about is your poxy promotion. Face facts, the season is getting cancelled and you'll have to start again come August.

Reading a few Liverpool messageboards even most of those lot are now coming to their senses regarding this issue and they're going to miss out on the Premier League title, 'don't like it but if it's for the greater good then call the season off' is what's they're saying, 'lives are more important than football'. Shame Leeds fans don't share a similar attitude.

If the Real Madrid's of this world can have games cancelled then sure can teams from England's second tier. You're just going to have to accept the inevitable and target next season to go up. People's lives are far more important than some club trying to reclaim their long lost top flight status.
    Tw at.

Are Leeds (and West Brom) really threatening legal action if the season gets called off and both denied promotion???

Considering neither has already guaranteed promotion and no Premier League sides are already down, you'd just be wasting your time and wouldn't have a leg to stand on in court.

If the season does get cancelled you'll be staying in the Championship for another season as no Prem club is going to volunteer to go down are they. It might actually do you a favour as your current side would be canon fodder in the Premier League.

Double tw at

Funny was just thinking other day that the benefit of having a mostly good season= lack of tw&ts coming on here for wind ups... As soon as something happens be it a bad result or bad news... they can’t wait to get on here... as if we give a fk about their views... please ignore them.. replying makes their day

Quote Originally Posted by costa_blanca_white View Post
    On Leeds Media facebook page:

Lufcnews.co.uk shared a post.
    11 hrs
    If the league is cancelled, The FA rule book states if a team play over 75% (35 games) of its games and the season ends all points remain valid and it can’t be void.
    Baggies, Leeds and Liverpool fans, enjoy your weekend.
    #lufc
    Can't find that statement anywhere in the current FA rule book. I suspect a click-bait post from lufcnews

But I can find this, which seems to say that nothing has been decided...

https://www.efl.com/news/2020/march/...virus-update4/
    Last edited by WTF11; 16-03-2020 at 03:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by WTF11 View Post
    Can't find that statement anywhere in the current FA rule book. I suspect a click-bait post from lufcnews

But I can find this, which seems to say that nothing has been decided...

https://www.efl.com/news/2020/march/...virus-update4/

Looking at it now,there are really only two options available .

1. Finish off the season later on when it's all settled down.

2. Cancel the season altogether and start afresh when it's over.

My personal choice is option no 1,which although it goes against the grain as it means the Scousers winning the Premier and Dirty Leeds getting promoted it's the only sensible and fair option as there are only nine games left to play..

Name:  image.jpg
Views: 148
Size:  6.5 KB

With my lot being on the brink of their highest finnish in 28 years and qualifying for Europe it'll be gutting for the season to be voided, but it's looking unlikely there will be any other outcome - with events and information changing so quickly the season can't be completed in a realistic and fair time frame. i'm assuming no relegation, no promotion.

Behind closed doors won't work because it'll still encourage gatherings. So, yep, like I said - gutting, but it would have been worse twelve months ago.

Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)