+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: playing behind closed doors

playing behind closed doors

some hi brow medic has said its pointless banning the games as the virus doesnt last long in the open

so they close the grounds
    and everyone goes to the pub to watch it inside

i honestly feel its all getting blown out of hand

those tha have died here had underlying illness

and more people died in london from knife crime this week end than two weeks of the virus
    i dont see them putting curfews out to stiop peole meeting up for knife fights

and why stock up on bog rolls for gods sake

still lets hope life goes on

imagine liverpool winningtthe league and no one able to watch the match im the ground

I heard Colin Murray saying they'd waited so long to win it he wouldn't care...but I suspect that's bravado. It would take the gloss off, that's for sure.

But, needs must and if it has to happen then it is what it is. I take your points and it's all relative numbers-wise at the moment. Problem is that it's so contagious that sd far as I can tell the worry is that the death toll could be huge purely because SO many people could catch it if stringent mesasures aren't taken.

Apparently the South Koreans have slowed its progress right down by putting in place the sort of restrictions that we're still currently talking about.

Boris Johnson is a lying, cheating feckless bastard and I wouldn't trust a single thing that comes out of his mouth so when he says we don't need to do stuff yet, then my guess is the time to act is now.
    Last edited by Zippity; 10-03-2020 at 07:00 PM. Reason: I'm sure these keys are one position out

Quote Originally Posted by Zippity View Post
    Boris Johnson is a lying, cheating feckless bastard and I wouldn't trust a single thing that comes out of his mouth so when he says we don't need to do stuff yet, then my guess is the time to act is now.
    Spot on. Denmark is with you.

Wouldn’t make a great deal of difference to our home games as the atmosphere is crap

It's all to stop people talking about other stuff as usual
    The crisis in China
    *****s in house of commons
    Prince Andrew
    Brexit etc

Newcastle warned to play in front of zero crowds ... Ashley making plans to give away 50000 tickets.

Coronavirus showing the fans how to boycott games. If games still get shown live on tv
    knowing Ashley he will cover all the seats with Shìte Direct advertising.

Quote Originally Posted by Geordie1974 View Post
    Coronavirus showing the fans how to boycott games. If games still get shown live on tv
    knowing Ashley he will cover all the seats with Shìte Direct advertising.
    That would be his ploy mate every seat would have a visible SHYTE DIRECT sticker on it

Quote Originally Posted by TheBigSausage View Post
    Newcastle warned to play in front of zero crowds ... Ashley making plans to give away 50000 tickets.
    😂

Quote Originally Posted by HughieG View Post
    Spot on. Denmark is with you.
    Well Denmark are even more feckless than Boris so far (although I'm sure that will change in time)

Denmark cases .... 674. deaths 0. cases per head of population 116.4

UK cases ........... 590. deaths 10. cases per head of population 8.7

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)