+ Visit Queen of the South FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Stay or Go ?

Quote Originally Posted by JRSLEFTPEG View Post
    The Coronavirus helping Queens out of relegation is the most bizarre ending you can think of.
    A bit like Hamilton getting a huge points deduction!

JR's right...……...if we beat Ayr Utd and Arbroath we might stay up.

I think the plug will be pulled on football no later than 21st March, - so two cup finals win them both and we should stay up.

Partick have 3 games in that period though!...…………………….so obviously if they win all 3 we are doomed.

Quote Originally Posted by Spikefaethesouth View Post
    A bit like Hamilton getting a huge points deduction!
    You know what Spike? I was actually thinking about that strange situation in the 99-00 season ( I think) when Accies played Quitongo and got hammered with the points penalty, saving Queens in the bargain. Was he unregistered or something similar ?

Quote Originally Posted by deek5trans View Post
    Changing the manager will make no difference as we don't have the players to turn things around, he's tried every combination and team selection going.
    His keeper is a bomb scare and he gets nothing what so ever from midfield going forwards.

The person I want out first is Hewitson. He's the one who's killing our club. Look at the bigger picture - the last 4 seasons.

We deserve to go down due the boards negligence.
    Totally agree deek. There's been minimal investment in the first team during hewitsons reign, instead money has been spent on other stuff, which admittedly generates cash for the club, but nobody is seeing that cash being invested in the first team

Quote Originally Posted by JRSLEFTPEG View Post
    You know what Spike? I was actually thinking about that strange situation in the 99-00 season ( I think) when Accies played Quitongo and got hammered with the points penalty, saving Queens in the bargain. Was he unregistered or something similar ?
    Hammer the players went on strike and refused to play a game v (Stenny I think) as they had not been paid their wages - the match in question was on April Fools Day 20 years ago !

There's another big anoucement to be made tomorrow by the government on Corona virus, will all sports gatherings be suspended, will the Ayr game be on?

Quote Originally Posted by fatfan View Post
    Totally agree deek. There's been minimal investment in the first team during hewitsons reign, instead money has been spent on other stuff, which admittedly generates cash for the club, but nobody is seeing that cash being invested in the first team

exactly fatfan you just have to look back ,since the queens fans last stood together and ousted harkness its been all forward thinking ,the blounts ,bradford ,rae ,then that save the south that pushed the club briefely back , then we get hewitson ,yes hewitsons regime have built alot of income generated facilities but queens have suffered on the pitch as he is known to come into businesses steadying the ships then leaving it at that ,we have zero forward momentum now as a club hewitson is a willie harkness type hardnose businessman that only wants to keep things ticking along ,this is all ok for the few who are happy to go along paying into this scenario knowing queens will never be more than a mid championship club at best ,its called stagnation and these are the current attendances queens will be seeing for the foreseeable future under this scenario and i can only see attendances dropping the longer it goes on for ,yes change is needed but a new owner will have to come from out of town now id guess as the people who have been interested in queens wont show there hand as long as hewitson is part of the board ,in short queens are fecked until major change happens i used to be blinkered bobbing along ,iv got too long in the tooth for this these days .

If Queens go down into League One their attendances may rise IF the club are challenging for the title.

Quote Originally Posted by Francis_begbie_HFC View Post
    exactly fatfan you just have to look back ,since the queens fans last stood together and ousted harkness its been all forward thinking ,the blounts ,bradford ,rae ,then that save the south that pushed the club briefely back , then we get hewitson ,yes hewitsons regime have built alot of income generated facilities but queens have suffered on the pitch as he is known to come into businesses steadying the ships then leaving it at that ,we have zero forward momentum now as a club hewitson is a willie harkness type hardnose businessman that only wants to keep things ticking along ,this is all ok for the few who are happy to go along paying into this scenario knowing queens will never be more than a mid championship club at best ,its called stagnation and these are the current attendances queens will be seeing for the foreseeable future under this scenario and i can only see attendances dropping the longer it goes on for ,yes change is needed but a new owner will have to come from out of town now id guess as the people who have been interested in queens wont show there hand as long as hewitson is part of the board ,in short queens are fecked until major change happens i used to be blinkered bobbing along ,iv got too long in the tooth for this these days .

Name:  1C50B03C-AB4F-4B0D-BCA6-BF234EB40A7B.jpg
Views: 286
Size:  10.6 KB

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)