+ Visit Queen of the South FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Stay or Go ?

Sadly Francis, - you do sound like a broken record (at times) and it helps no-one.

We must look beyond the spitefulness and the 'what can I get out of it' mentality and really work together for the benefit of the club.

This pandemic might work in our favour (esp if Queens survive the drop) because we might actually see people grateful for small mercies.

Queen of the South may not be run perfectly, but then neither are Manchester Utd or Rangers, - all clubs have their flaws. If we could maybe accept that things are not ideal (and to be honest never will be, regardless of how much money is pumped into the club) but offer sensible advice as to how our own special club could be better, then we might collectively see an improvement.

Francis you keep talking about extra money as being the panacea for all our ills, but you just have to look at Partick who were bank-rolled by a multi millionaire, - and they are presently below us in the table.

Football, like business is about attitude, hard work and luck. If you don't have them all in spades, - then you'll struggle, and Queens at the present time need to sort out their attitude, work harder then they are at the moment and they need a lot of luck.

A new manager and even a shed load of money will not solve those immediate problems, but a pandemic that looks as though it will shut down every club in the land should give the team the kick up the ass it needs to focus the mind and get those precious points on the board.
    Last edited by jardi; 11-03-2020 at 09:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Francis_begbie_HFC View Post
    exactly fatfan you just have to look back ,since the queens fans last stood together and ousted harkness its been all forward thinking ,the blounts ,bradford ,rae ,then that save the south that pushed the club briefely back , then we get hewitson ,yes hewitsons regime have built alot of income generated facilities but queens have suffered on the pitch as he is known to come into businesses steadying the ships then leaving it at that ,we have zero forward momentum now as a club hewitson is a willie harkness type hardnose businessman that only wants to keep things ticking along ,this is all ok for the few who are happy to go along paying into this scenario knowing queens will never be more than a mid championship club at best ,its called stagnation and these are the current attendances queens will be seeing for the foreseeable future under this scenario and i can only see attendances dropping the longer it goes on for ,yes change is needed but a new owner will have to come from out of town now id guess as the people who have been interested in queens wont show there hand as long as hewitson is part of the board ,in short queens are fecked until major change happens i used to be blinkered bobbing along ,iv got too long in the tooth for this these days .
    These local interested parties with resources that you are forever on about Francis why are they reluctant to show their cash while Hewitson is in charge. That is not the usual behaviour of successful business men with ambition because if they were really serious they would declare their interests publicly so that the shareholders would be aware of both their intent and exert pressure on the board to assess any proposed bid. Look at other clubs where takeovers have occurred they have never succeeded through stealth but by being public where the fans are aware of both who they are and their genuine intention. They need to put up or forget it otherwise it remains as simply unsubstantiated rumour.

Because they don't trust Hewitson. I've heard the same rumour. Till he's off the scene they aren't going anywhere near the club.

Said this before but look at it like this. If we are being subsidised solely by the Arena then what's to lose ??

This merry go round of managers expected to work miracles with a division below budget isnt working. That's the fact of the matter.

We are stuck in a rut going no where slowly being destroyed. If we survive do you think it's going to be any different next season with or without a new manager? Course not.

Deek, - although you argue your case very effectively, - your negativity compounds the problems at Palmerston.

As mentioned, QOS FC may not be run perfectly, but neither is Man Utd, Man City and a plethora of other clubs.

What is particularly damaging for Queens is this constant drum of negativity, - which in a relatively small town does not help the club at all.

Rather than constantly knocking the club, - we need to talk it up, and encourage those in charge to take the positive steps.

No-one in their right mind is going to risk further investment, - if everyone is dissing every decision that is made.

The best analogy I can use is standing next to a skip and feeding £10.00 notes into it all day long, - its pointless and completely soul destroying, - so come on guys lighten up, - if only for the sake of the club you allegedly support.

Quote Originally Posted by deek5trans View Post
    Because they don't trust Hewitson. I've heard the same rumour. Till he's off the scene they aren't going anywhere near the club.

Said this before but look at it like this. If we are being subsidised solely by the Arena then what's to lose ??

This merry go round of managers expected to work miracles with a division below budget isnt working. That's the fact of the matter.

We are stuck in a rut going no where slowly being destroyed. If we survive do you think it's going to be any different next season with or without a new manager? Course not.
    Therein lies the issue that most of us have with this- it is rumour without any substance. We would all like new investors in the club of that there is no doubt but these people would need extremely deep pockets as there is no money to be made from such a venture and they would be throwing considerable amounts of presumably hard earned cash purely for the love of the club. If these people do exist and have that feeling for Queens then let's hear from them and as for not trusting Hewitson there are annually published accounts for the shareholders as well as the public to examine if they wish and if there is any wrongdoings going on then you are implying that all three members of the boards are implicated which is a potentially libelous allegation.

Quote Originally Posted by jardi View Post
    Deek, - although you argue your case very effectively, - your negativity compounds the problems at Palmerston.

As mentioned, QOS FC may not be run perfectly, but neither is Man Utd, Man City and a plethora of other clubs.

What is particularly damaging for Queens is this constant drum of negativity, - which in a relatively small town does not help the club at all.

Rather than constantly knocking the club, - we need to talk it up, and encourage those in charge to take the positive steps.

No-one in their right mind is going to risk further investment, - if everyone is dissing every decision that is made.

The best analogy I can use is standing next to a skip and feeding £10.00 notes into it all day long, - its pointless and completely soul destroying, - so come on guys lighten up, - if only for the sake of the club you allegedly support.
    You keep on beating me to the response Jardi

Quote Originally Posted by Spikefaethesouth View Post
    You keep on beating me to the response Jardi
    Spike, jardi. I'm sorry but all I've heard is talk about money. I'm well aware the books have to balance but I want the club to be succesfull. Not once have I heard anybody talk about investment in the first team. I want to go on a Saturday and watch my team doing well on the park, not look at a healthy bank account!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by fatfan View Post
    Spike, jardi. I'm sorry but all I've heard is talk about money. I'm well aware the books have to balance but I want the club to be succesfull. Not once have I heard anybody talk about investment in the first team. I want to go on a Saturday and watch my team doing well on the park, not look at a healthy bank account!!!!
    Which is precisely what is being said-where is this investment coming from? I will be the first to shake the hand of anyone prepared to put a significant amount of money into the club but where are they? Rumours are just that.

I dont believe any of this investors talk. Load of bull.

Quote Originally Posted by Spikefaethesouth View Post
    Which is precisely what is being said-where is this investment coming from? I will be the first to shake the hand of anyone prepared to put a significant amount of money into the club but where are they? Rumours are just that.
    At this moment, and I can't be certain because I don't know the facts, the club have shown a healthy return this year with a bank account in the black. Now I'm not saying for one second that we should be bursting the bank to get a decent squad together and I'm not talking about investors. I'm talking about the current board slightly increasing the budget for players to give this, or any other manager a fighting chance

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)