+ Visit Motherwell FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: How come...

How come...

Every time we're doing well we get stopped by a global pandemic? I blame our lack of big club attitude and a clear losers' mentality at Fir Park.

Looks like we should enjoy Friday's match. It could well be the last for a while.

Aberdeen will beat us tomorrow and the league will stop when we're out of third. Always happens!

SPFL produced this statement on Thursday evening...

Name:  SPFLtweet.jpg
Views: 370
Size:  62.6 KB

Presumably we will open both tiers of the south stand to encourage Aberdeen fans to spread around a bit!

Quote Originally Posted by Handsome_Devil View Post
    Presumably we will open both tiers of the south stand to encourage Aberdeen fans to spread around a bit!
    Last WHO report I read stated (and, I quote) ... 'Covid-19's unable to be transmitted to sheep, unless in a field, in the Grampian region by an Eberdeen fan ploughing the er5e off a woolly creature'. So, it looks like the sheep population could be decimated by Monday !!
    #NAEMARELAMBCHOPS

Worth pointing out that Germany is the only major league left playing behind closed doors this weekend while everyone else has scrapped it.

The notion of fans turning up to Scottish games this weekend seems mind-boggling.

Quote Originally Posted by sieb1886 View Post
    Last WHO report I read stated (and, I quote) ... 'Covid-19's unable to be transmitted to sheep, unless in a field, in the Grampian region by an Eberdeen fan ploughing the er5e off a woolly creature'. So, it looks like the sheep population could be decimated by Monday !!
    #NAEMARELAMBCHOPS
    Humour aside, what the football authorities do in this situation is going to cause ructions. Stop the league now and write off the rest of the season? 'Nae chance!', I hear Hearts and Celtic say. 'Great idea!' say Rangers and the Accies. Some combination of postponements and 'closed doors' matches might be the least worst solution, but this could be financially terminal for some of our clubs who depend on gate money.
    The best of luck in your deliberations, high heid yins.
    PS:- Am I a total cynic or have they only started to worry more about sporting occasions once jolly Cheltenham - 200 000 punters coming in from all over the place - had come and gone?
    Aye, OK, I'm a cynic.

It is absolutely intriguing.

They need to find some way to finish the leagues though, most likely with Euro 2020 being postponed and matches stretching into summer.

Essentially there's no choice in that as next season can't start till this one is done.

There's no way anyone can predict what's going to happen next re the fitbaw. UK's peak for C-19 now expected around end of April ...

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)