+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 31 of 35 FirstFirst ... 212930313233 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T:- Are we over-reacting to COVD19?

To the original question of are we overreacting to Covid19?
    No!!
    If the graph and data continues on its current path the UK are likely to lose at least 700 more people to this virus by Monday and almost certainly 3000 by the end of next week.
    Now i dont know what others feel about that but for me with a 94yo mother i am very very worried. Please god keep her safe

Quote Originally Posted by Kelton View Post
    To the original question of are we overreacting to Covid19?
    No!!
    If the graph and data continues on its current path the UK are likely to lose at least 700 more people to this virus by Monday and almost certainly 3000 by the end of next week.
    Now i dont know what others feel about that but for me with a 94yo mother i am very very worried. Please god keep her safe
    Sadly the UK has now surpassed the 1,000 deaths mark as is being reported today with over 17,000 cases. Compare this with the last time Notts played two weeks ago today and the death toll was 21 with 1,140 cases.

We are running two weeks behind Italy in terms of first recorded death. Two weeks ago Italy had reached 1,441 deaths with 21,157 cases. So the gradient of the UK’s curve is starting to be flatter as it stands compared to Italy.

April will be a big month for how this pandemic will peak in this country. Italy today are on 9,134 deaths and 86,498 cases. Let’s hope in two weeks time our curve keeps flattening and we are below those sad figures.

Sadly it seems this pandemic will enter the top 20 greatest peacetime disasters in the UK’s history. 1,500 lost their lives on RMS titanic in 1912 and this virus is closing in on that death toll.

That’s why I fully support the governments advice to stay at home, protect the NHS and save life’s.

Quote Originally Posted by MAD_MAGPIE View Post
    Sadly the UK has now surpassed the 1,000 deaths mark as is being reported today with over 17,000 cases. Compare this with the last time Notts played two weeks ago today and the death toll was 21 with 1,140 cases.

We are running two weeks behind Italy in terms of first recorded death. Two weeks ago Italy had reached 1,441 deaths with 21,157 cases. So the gradient of the UK’s curve is starting to be flatter as it stands compared to Italy.

April will be a big month for how this pandemic will peak in this country. Italy today are on 9,134 deaths and 86,498 cases. Let’s hope in two weeks time our curve keeps flattening and we are below those sad figures.

Sadly it seems this pandemic will enter the top 20 greatest peacetime disasters in the UK’s history. 1,500 lost their lives on RMS titanic in 1912 and this virus is closing in on that death toll.

That’s why I fully support the governments advice to stay at home, protect the NHS and save life’s.
    I think it's lives not life's, but not a biggie.......my point is the same as that discussed with Cher earlier, even when the quarantine is over, this virus is likely to flare up again until we find a vaccine or we become immune.....3 or 4 years from now, the same thing will happen, nobody is safe.....learn to grow your own food, buy land, store non-perishables.

This is what happens when we continually fkuc around with nature....nature hits back and plucks off all the low-hanging fruit

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    I was worried who would be running the country, but apparently Dominic Cummings is ok.
    Or maybe not.

Working in the local hospital, they have bodies in the Morgue that they can't touch yet as the results haven't come back. They are burying the dead in body bags inside the coffin & sealing the lids on top. A relative has caught in the hospital as she has been in 3 weeks & has ME so is not out & about neither as she sleeps 99% of the time.
    Last edited by irishpete; 30-03-2020 at 04:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MAD_MAGPIE View Post

I agree, it's a terrible situation.

So terrible in fact that flights are still arriving at airports all over Britain. Flights from the Isle Of Man, Tenerife and half a hundred other destinations around the world.
    I've heard there's no 'testing' of passengers at arrivals though - they've run out of kits Piers Moron reckons.
    Better keep that quiet.
    Anyway........
    It's a dire situation indeed.

Referring back to the OP question, Dr John Lee, a recently retired Professor of Pathology and former NHS consultant has published some interesting articles in the Spectator: https://www.spectator.co.uk/writer/dr-john-lee

Quote Originally Posted by jackal2 View Post
    Referring back to the OP question, Dr John Lee, a recently retired Professor of Pathology and former NHS consultant has published some interesting articles in the Spectator: https://www.spectator.co.uk/writer/dr-john-lee
    A very interesting read from a different perspective, all is not what it might seem.

I was curious as to whether any/many more people are dying per week now than in any normal year and found this information:

https://www.ons.gov.uk/peoplepopulat...nglandandwales

There is a spreadsheet and for instance it shows for:
    Months 06-Mar-20 13-Mar-20 20-Mar-20
    Deaths 10,895 11,019 10,645
    Previous* 11,498 11,205 10,573

*=previous 5 years average

Obviously we have yet to see how the weeks ahead pan out but it would put it all in a better perspective if the increase in normal death rate (if any) was reported in the news.

Quote Originally Posted by Old_pie View Post
    I was curious as to whether any/many more people are dying per week now than in any normal year and found this information:

https://www.ons.gov.uk/peoplepopulat...nglandandwales

There is a spreadsheet and for instance it shows for:
    Months 06-Mar-20 13-Mar-20 20-Mar-20
    Deaths 10,895 11,019 10,645
    Previous* 11,498 11,205 10,573

*=previous 5 years average

Obviously we have yet to see how the weeks ahead pan out but it would put it all in a better perspective if the increase in normal death rate (if any) was reported in the news.
    I’m struggling a bit with this. It’s seems likely that a good majority of the people who’ve died would have died anyway( not that it makes anything better).

I’m guessing the problem arises when a larger number of people die in a smaller area over a smaller period of time.

Page 31 of 35 FirstFirst ... 212930313233 ... LastLast