+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 34 of 35 FirstFirst ... 2432333435 LastLast

Thread: O/T:- Are we over-reacting to COVD19?

Quote Originally Posted by tarquinbeech View Post
    I've been banging on about this, with Driller, since day1........there is no way that this disease it is 10 times, or 20 times or even a 100 times more potent in Italy than in nearby Germany, or Finland or Greece.

Greece and Italy are next door to each other with roughly the same weather and temps......Greece has a death rate of 5 per million and Italy is claiming 230 per million!!!.....something isn't right, every other country is staring at this death rate and saying wtf?.......now I notice that the Italian government is begging (again) for more funds from the EU in the form of CoronaVirus Bonds, not only to see themselves through this crisis, but to help rebuild in the future.

Greece had 2 deaths today, Italy are claiming 760?......no way, categorically no way.

My girlfriend is a senior administrator in a country way bigger than Italy, and they had 8 deaths today, 8!!, with a 1,954 mile OPEN border to the USA....her immediate reaction to the Italian and Spanish deaths was, IMPOSSIBLE, unless they are marking every single death down to Covid (to claim extra government funds).

Eddie Large was 78 years old with a serious heart disease.....he didn't die of Covid, he had caught Covid while he was already extremely ill.

I leave you guys to join the dots!

Edit....If I owned a trucking business that was struggling, but someone told me that I could claim 100% government support for faulty tyres....I'm out tonight slashing every tyre on every vehicle, then sitting under a palm tree drinking champagne and watching tax payers money roll in.
    Exactly, Tarkers, you emphasize a point I've made on other freds. Deaths claimed for people WITH Covid far exceed those claimed FROM it. Not all countries follow the same statistical pattern.

Btw, Greece and Italy are not exactly next door to each other, there is a sea in between but your point remains.

Quote Originally Posted by tarquinbeech View Post
    I've been banging on about this, with Driller, since day1........there is no way that this disease it is 10 times, or 20 times or even a 100 times more potent in Italy than in nearby Germany, or Finland or Greece.

Greece and Italy are next door to each other with roughly the same weather and temps......Greece has a death rate of 5 per million and Italy is claiming 230 per million!!!.....something isn't right, every other country is staring at this death rate and saying wtf?.......now I notice that the Italian government is begging (again) for more funds from the EU in the form of CoronaVirus Bonds, not only to see themselves through this crisis, but to help rebuild in the future.

Greece had 2 deaths today, Italy are claiming 760?......no way, categorically no way.

My girlfriend is a senior administrator in a country way bigger than Italy, and they had 8 deaths today, 8!!, with a 1,954 mile OPEN border to the USA....her immediate reaction to the Italian and Spanish deaths was, IMPOSSIBLE, unless they are marking every single death down to Covid (to claim extra government funds).

Eddie Large was 78 years old with a serious heart disease.....he didn't die of Covid, he had caught Covid while he was already extremely ill.

I leave you guys to join the dots!

Edit....If I owned a trucking business that was struggling, but someone told me that I could claim 100% government support for faulty tyres....I'm out tonight slashing every tyre on every vehicle, then sitting under a palm tree drinking champagne and watching tax payers money roll in.
    Good post tarkers. Eddie Large's son said yesterday that his father had chronic heart disease and wasn't strong enough to fight of the virus. Covid-19 didn't help but surely the cause of death would be his heart.

Quote Originally Posted by queenslandpie View Post
    The lowest % death rate in the world is here in Australia which also has the highest test rate. As a result community transmission is caught early and those most likley to be affected can be isolated and where necessary treated as best as possible. We are already flattening the curve with reported new cases already in single digits on a % basis compared to 30-40% a couple of weeks ago per day. Early days but certainly encouraging. There have been plenty of mistakes made here such as the dick head who let 2500 off a cruise ship in Sydney a few weeks ago resulting in 400 cases going into the community ( they have been sent on a prison ship back to the UK) but overall you would take it before you started if you get my drift. They are still talking 6 months though.
    If you are testing more people then the figures will include those with mild Covid. I think the UK is only testing those admitted to hospital and therefore are already in a poor state.

If I get inclined and am not beaten to it I'll put the population figures into that chart and see what the death rates are versus total population.

Quote Originally Posted by navypie View Post
    Good post tarkers. Eddie Large's son said yesterday that his father had chronic heart disease and wasn't strong enough to fight of the virus. Covid-19 didn't help but surely the cause of death would be his heart.
    Well quite. A lot of supposedly reputable news agencies yesterday were carrying the headline 'Eddie Large dies/of with Coronavirus', which clearly isn't the full story at all. They're just using the death of a celebrity as a vehicle for another Coronavirus headline to create more melodrama. The story should be about Eddie Large and his career, not a virus that was at most a supplemental factor in his passing. As it happens, when I was a kid I met Eddie and Syd Little before a show they did in Cornwall and they were both really genuine, down to earth guys not in the least bit affected by their fame at that time. RIP.

Quote Originally Posted by jackal2 View Post
    Well quite. A lot of supposedly reputable news agencies yesterday were carrying the headline 'Eddie Large dies/of with Coronavirus', which clearly isn't the full story at all. They're just using the death of a celebrity as a vehicle for another Coronavirus headline to create more melodrama. The story should be about Eddie Large and his career, not a virus that was at most a supplemental factor in his passing. As it happens, when I was a kid I met Eddie and Syd Little before a show they did in Cornwall and they were both really genuine, down to earth guys not in the least bit affected by their fame at that time. RIP.
    Never a fan but they both made me chuckle at times. RIP

Remember meeting Syd Little in the pub at Fleetwood before our game there, what a nice guy he is.

Perhaps someone should start a thread about famous people they've met. I once met Ken Dodd and found him to be a lovely bloke.
    Please note, meeting up with Elite in the Pavis head doesn't count.

Quote Originally Posted by navypie View Post
    Perhaps someone should start a thread about famous people they've met. I once met Ken Dodd and found him to be a lovely bloke.
    Please note, meeting up with Elite in the Pavis head doesn't count.
    Ken Dodd, great bloke - Jimmy Tarbuck was an arsehole.

Perhaps the Aussies and the Swedes have it right. Controlled herd immunity.

https://www.stuff.co.nz/national/hea...ess-experiment

Quote Originally Posted by queenslandpie View Post
    The lowest % death rate in the world is here in Australia which also has the highest test rate. As a result community transmission is caught early and those most likley to be affected can be isolated and where necessary treated as best as possible. We are already flattening the curve with reported new cases already in single digits on a % basis compared to 30-40% a couple of weeks ago per day. Early days but certainly encouraging. There have been plenty of mistakes made here such as the dick head who let 2500 off a cruise ship in Sydney a few weeks ago resulting in 400 cases going into the community ( they have been sent on a prison ship back to the UK) but overall you would take it before you started if you get my drift. They are still talking 6 months though.
    I think Sco-Mo has it right. Even Albanese has stopped slagging him off.

Page 34 of 35 FirstFirst ... 2432333435 LastLast