+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is there a way back for Barnes ?

Is there a way back for Barnes ?

Having seen the way we are playing over the last 5/6 games, it appears that most fans are quite happy to see us playing football in the current way. Before SD was forced to change the style of play, no one was happy with the long ball tactics which was uninspiring to watch and unattractive at the same time. The new style has also co incided with our unbeaten spell which has brought some very welcome results.Is this the way it’s going to stay ? Wood is more mobile than Barnes and looks to be better suited to accompany Jay Rod and /or Vydra up front. If this is going to stay that way, has Barnes got a future with the Clarets ? What do you think ?

Us having four strikers provides three or four different style options for SD.

We must keep our Number One Sh-ithouse!

Attachment 15164

We have four strikers, let's keep it that way, we're often short enough for cover in other areas, Ash can sit on the bench for a bit, his turn will come again.

I agree with your comments. I like Barnes. He’s a trier and puts himself about. Making life uncomfortable for opposing defenders. I am sure that most fans would like to see us carry on playing football in the same vein as we are playing at the moment.We do not want to be going back to hoof ball as we have been doing.The way it’s going , surely SD will keep with the same pattern for the near future. If that is the case maybe Barnes will be keeping the bench warm for a while.

Is it not fantastic that we do have these options up front when so many clubs find it hard to find players that can play and deliver in front of goal? I ma glad we have now seen what Vydra can do given a run in the team and the conclusion is he has qualities we can use to be effective in the premier league. An abundance of resources in this league! Is not great? I am more concerned over our contract situation on some players we want to keep than Barnes not featuring straight away.

Quote Originally Posted by Deadlydave View Post
    Is it not fantastic that we do have these options up front when so many clubs find it hard to find players that can play and deliver in front of goal? I ma glad we have now seen what Vydra can do given a run in the team and the conclusion is he has qualities we can use to be effective in the premier league. An abundance of resources in this league! Is not great? I am more concerned over our contract situation on some players we want to keep than Barnes not featuring straight away.
    I like Hendrick, I like Lennon, I like JBG, but OMG if we could clone McNeil and play two proper wingers, what a team we would be!

Attachment 15172

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    I like Hendrick, I like Lennon, I like JBG, but OMG if we could clone McNeil and play two proper wingers, what a team we would be!

Attachment 15172
    I could'nt agree more BT. He will be gone in summer and that's a real shame.

I read on another site £50 million is being offered in June.

Attachment 15175

Our Board's choice of drink...

Attachment 15176

Gonna be gutted when we sell Dwight, but it's inevitable, sadly.

Quote Originally Posted by warminsterclaret View Post
    Gonna be gutted when we sell Dwight, but it's inevitable, sadly.
    What if we win 7 of our remaining games and squeeze into the Champion's League? I'll bet we bloody clone him then?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)