+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: These suspended games

STAN Collymore makes sense :

https://apple.news/A_Njj9J_xQwmuKCA8h9fPzA

Keep reading to the bottom.

I worked it out a few month ago to being approx £35 per game in the hospitality as you get the cup games chucked in.
    With the bury game gone and the 5 home games that's about £210.. for me it's a uncontrollable situation so that 210 is already spent. If they don't get the season finished the Club will prob offer a discount on to season ticket sales next season for this season ticket holders.

Quote Originally Posted by mikemiller View Post
    RUFC could always compensate by, say, giving away vouchers for home cup games in lieu of the matches cancelled, as good public relations/ encouragement for supporters to renew season tickets (assuming cup games go ahead)
    Compensate cup games, the supporters would lose out, how many times do the Millers progress past the first game.

Quote Originally Posted by Nardendee View Post

Blimey
    It would be tough to try and finish sixth from bottom next season just to stay up.

Correct. However, the circumstances are unique. Sure it might be hard but it does seem fairer, also for the other teams who are in contention.
    So the price for promotion would be such a compromise. It has been said that this team is one of our best in recent years so why shouldn’t we have a go?

PW has a better understanding of the division too.

Colly doesn't seem to address the playoffs though. Surely there will be 5/6 clubs who will be disgruntled to say the least.
    I suppose his solution is a best fit, can't please everyone in difficult circumstances
    I'm sure Someone on here came up with his idea a few days ago

Quote Originally Posted by Nardendee View Post

He doesn't make sense - mathematically at least

If two teams were promoted from each division and nobody relegated there wouldn't be 2 teams extra in each division. There would be 2 teams extra in the Prem. The championship, and lower, would lose two teams upwards and gain two teams from below i.e. no change in numbers. However he is right about the 5 relegated from each division the following season. e.g. Championship would gain 5 down from the Prem and lose 3 going up (to restore the 20 teams in the prem.) They would gain 3 from Div 1 and would have to lose 5 down to stay at the same numbers

Quote Originally Posted by Ericsladkilnhurst View Post
    Compensate cup games, the supporters would lose out, how many times do the Millers progress past the first game.
    There are three cup competitions (or at least, there were!), one of which has a mini-league at the start... so there would be at least one cup game at the NYS.

Also in relation to possibility of terminating the EFL season - do the clubs have to vote? If so - simple majority, two-thirds or what?
    Last edited by mikemiller; 15-03-2020 at 06:05 PM.

I think the no relegation this season idea is a great and fair one. What I'd like to see instead of 5 relegation spots next season is 3 automatic relegation spots and above them 2 playoff spots.

The leagues below would then have 2 promotion spots as normal and then just 2 instead of 4 playoff spots.

The 4 teams from both leagues then have a playoff and 1 team wins the space in the higher league.

Isn’t that similar to what the first playoffs where?

Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast