+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 31 of 254 FirstFirst ... 2129303132334181131 ... LastLast

Thread: M-m-m-my Corona…

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo1983 View Post
    I'm not comparing them to ourselves. Calm down.
    I'm completely fine, totally calm.
    I was comparing Japan to ourselves and stating (in my opinion) that if you thought Japan was laid back, they've been decisive when compared to the UK

F’uck the UK

I’m not going to be compared to those English b’astards.

Quote Originally Posted by donsdaft View Post
    F’uck the UK

I’m not going to be compared to those English b’astards.
    I would agree that we in Scotland appear to have handled this whole thing a lot better than down south.
    A major error from the ex-Chief Medical Officer though and a slight smudge on Sturgeon for not being more decisive to replace her on the front line.

Quote Originally Posted by afc1903mad View Post
    I'm completely fine, totally calm.
    I was comparing Japan to ourselves and stating (in my opinion) that if you thought Japan was laid back, they've been decisive when compared to the UK
    Japan is another country we can't compare ourselves with regards to stats though. Their population is considerably healthier than ours, so many of them live close to each other and they have a massive issue with alzheimer due to their ageing population.

We do seem to be doing better than the rest of the UK though.

Appears Asians and Afro Caribbean males are high risk.

I would agree that we in Scotland appear to have handled this whole thing a lot better than down south.
    A major error from the ex-Chief Medical Officer though and a slight smudge on Sturgeon for not being more decisive to replace her on the front line.
    Hardly a "slight smudge". More like a major error of judgement from a political leader. Her immediate reaction should have been to ask for Calderwood's resignation. Nicola's attempts to justify keeping Calderwood in position were cringeworthy.

Quote Originally Posted by sonofrgmsdad View Post
    Hardly a "slight smudge". More like a major error of judgement from a political leader. Her immediate reaction should have been to ask for Calderwood's resignation. Nicola's attempts to justify keeping Calderwood in position were cringeworthy.
    I'd agree it lacked judgement, but I'm sure there is a lot going on in the government right now.
    Sturgeon has had a history of being a leader that supports her team, which in normal circumstances can be a very good thing.
    So she opted to try and front up and address the matter, to negate other issues they will have to address now and having tried that and gauged the response, ultimately made the correct call 24 hours later.
    So yes, a slight smudge in my opinion, nothing to castigate about and time to move on to more pressing matters again.

I'd agree it lacked judgement, but I'm sure there is a lot going on in the government right now.
    Sturgeon has had a history of being a leader that supports her team, which in normal circumstances can be a very good thing.
    So she opted to try and front up and address the matter, to negate other issues they will have to address now and having tried that and gauged the response, ultimately made the correct call 24 hours later.
    So yes, a slight smudge in my opinion, nothing to castigate about and time to move on to more pressing matters again.
    As I said earlier, not being a fan of Sturgeon at all, I would say she has done a good job in almost impossible circumstances.

She did make a serious error of judgement here by trying to tough this out though. It was blindingly obvious that regardless of Calderwood's previous contribution she had completely and utterly lost all public respect and was basically a laughing stock. Her role is critical as she is the medical expert that people 100% must listen to and basically do whatever she says for all of our benefit. Clearly that was not going to be possible given the circumstances and whilst for sure there is a lot going on, Nicola ought to have had better judgement than to try to keep her in place. Plus I really have to believe her No 2 will have been involved in all relevant discussions and should be more than capable of providing the same quality of advice as Calderwood.

A bit more than a slight smudge I'm afraid but as you say it is done with now and the only possible outcome was forced on Sturgeon (not her decision I'm afraid - one she was forced to make by the outcry) and there will be plenty time for post mortem's at a later date as all focus as you rightly say should be on the immediate needs of the country

Sturgeon is still playing the game, she should have sacked Calderwood.

Can you imagine if this happened under the Toereeez, she would have been all over it.

Double standards.

I can see why she would wanted the incumbent CMO to stay as she would have been balls deep in all the matters and change at such a time is good. Still it was obvious that she was then on borrowed time.

If the CMO is wandering about all over the place, the Chinese virus can't be that serious.

Page 31 of 254 FirstFirst ... 2129303132334181131 ... LastLast