+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 42 of 254 FirstFirst ... 3240414243445292142 ... LastLast

Thread: M-m-m-my Corona…

Quote Originally Posted by Red Zone View Post
    3. play a shortened version in the Premiership by having the split after 22 games and then play each other twice after the split for a total of 32 games
    That's the issue.
    Doncaster et al are cr@pping themselves that Sky welch on the new deal for next season if we fu ck about with the structure.
    TBH as long as they get their four bigot-fests they'll possibly be happy, but if they can try to knock a few quid off there's every chance they will.

Quote Originally Posted by InversneckieDob View Post
    That's the issue.
    Doncaster et al are cr@pping themselves that Sky welch on the new deal for next season if we fu ck about with the structure.
    TBH as long as they get their four bigot-fests they'll possibly be happy, but if they can try to knock a few quid off there's every chance they will.
    I agree with you, I think this whole thing stems from the Tim's and sevco games. Sky will be expecting 4 and a particular schedule.

I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again

F’UCK SKY

The SFA, SPFL and the rest in general are an absolute embarrassing shambles.

The game up here needs an almighty clear out because these blazer boys don't have a feckin clue what they're doing.

First thing I would do would be to move Head Office to Edinburgh (our Capital city not Glasgow where all the problems with our game lie) and share Murryfield, that alone would get rid of some of the hangers on ( probably couldna be arsed travelling to Edinburgh for meetings etc)

Putting the SFA headquarters in Edinburgh is a ridiculous idea, as is sharing Murrayfield. The problems with Scottish football have nothing to do with geography or Hampden. If it’s a blame game you want to start, start with Stewart Milne

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by Mason89 View Post
    Putting the SFA headquarters in Edinburgh is a ridiculous idea, as is sharing Murrayfield. The problems with Scottish football have nothing to do with geography or Hampden. If it’s a blame game you want to start, start with Stewart Milne
    Sorry, but in my opinion almost everything that is wrong in Scottish football IS a geography thing, and Glasgow is the epicentre.

Quote Originally Posted by davydook View Post
    Sorry, but in my opinion almost everything that is wrong in Scottish football IS a geography thing, and Glasgow is the epicentre.
    Odd that most of the yahoos in their supporters clubs, come from outwith Glasgow.

Quote Originally Posted by davydook View Post
    What difference would it make? We have Duncan Fraser on the board as well. If they moved to Edinburgh what would the changes be?

Quote Originally Posted by Mason89 View Post
    Odd that most of the yahoos in their supporters clubs, come from outwith Glasgow.
    You see, in my view, therein lies the problem. Rule number 1, criticism of Glasgow is not allowed. Rule number 2, find someone else to blame.

It cannot be argued that the two biggest clubs come from that city and many around them rely on them for some occassional gate money to survive. This, allied with a press, suffering from vastly dropping sales, based in Glasgow, only interested in the "big two", create a bubble of self interest that harms Scottish Football. That, with the religeous thing, creates a divide from early education, that the bubble feeds on.

Having the headquarters of Scottish Football centred on the city, within the bubble, only further feeds the bubble. Moving the headquarters away from that bubble and forcing the press to move out of Glasgow occassionally "could" see a reduction of the "received wisdom" generated by the rumour mill created in the bubble - see recent wrong reporting of Dons voting intentions generated in the bubble in support of one of their own clubs wishes.

So moving the headquarters to Edinburgh has some merit.

Moving to Murrayfield however is more finely balanced. I'd be content with staying at Hampden if it was recognised that the publictransport authorities and the football authoritiestook into account supporters travel needs rather than setting kick off times totally unsuitable for supporters from afar. Dons v United on a wed night replay for example. Also more acceptable if they got rid of that crap that is old fart ends of the ground.

Since when did anyone give a flying **** what the press reports?

I'm also not sure what difference moving 45mins along the road would make?

Page 42 of 254 FirstFirst ... 3240414243445292142 ... LastLast