+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 167 of 254 FirstFirst ... 67117157165166167168169177217 ... LastLast
Results 1,661 to 1,670 of 2534

Thread: M-m-m-my Corona…

Quote Originally Posted by sonofrgmsdad View Post
    Try sticking to the point in hand about the questions being asked but not being answered.
    Fine. I couldn’t give one single f*ck about any travel ban imposed on Aberdeen, Aberdeen itself or the North East in general. I doubt Nicola Sturgeon does either. Nobody down here gives it a second thought. If it wasn’t for the Weegies Alex Ferguson & Willie Miller, nobody would ever have heard of the place. There’s your answer on behalf of the SG. Happy now?

There’s a whole lot of SDE in the NE

I will say that it isn't just my question she won't answer. Many in the north east have asked the same question including our elected representatives. No need for childish behaviour nor accusations of such when putting forward a question to our elected leader on why she's (although it's a collective cabinet issue) chosen certain actions.
    i'm late to the party here, but come on, sane people are not still going on about Aberdeen not voting SNP are they? 7x MPs & MSPs, all SNP, yet apparently locking down Aberdeen was motivated by spite? ****ing hell

Quote Originally Posted by fatshaft View Post
    i'm late to the party here, but come on, sane people are not still going on about Aberdeen not voting SNP are they? 7x MPs & MSPs, all SNP, yet apparently locking down Aberdeen was motivated by spite? ****ing hell
    I believe the question was why they didn’t impose the same restrictions on the central belt.
    Evidently it was more successful going by the Aberdeen approach.
    Possibly NS was concerned about getting the central belt to comply

Quote Originally Posted by afc1903mad View Post
    I believe the question was why they didn’t impose the same restrictions on the central belt.
    Don't know why folks are asking a question from weeks ago. The Aberdeen outbreak was caused by the flocks in pubs, Glasgow area they were tracing back to mixing in housing. That's why they were different

Don't know why folks are asking a question from weeks ago. The Aberdeen outbreak was caused by the flocks in pubs, Glasgow area they were tracing back to mixing in housing. That's why they were different
    We asked the question weeks ago but have had no answer whatsoever. Keep up. Your trite explanation tells us b*gger all. We know Aberdeen's problems started in pubs. So pubs were shut down, house mixing was stopped and a travel ban introduced. In Glasgow the problem was house mixing so that was banned but no travel ban nor pub restriction. The question is why the restrictions were applied to Aberdeen (and they may have been right) and what they were meant to do to restrict the virus but also the same reasoning for the lesser restrictions applied to Glasgow and what they were going to do to restrict the virus. No answers given.

The reason for banging on about is because some posters on here suggest that we should shut our gobs and just put up with whatever or Leaders say. That is not how democracy works. We have a duty to ask (after all we will be voting shortly) and they have a duty to reply.

Quote Originally Posted by Mason89 View Post
    Fine. I couldn’t give one single f*ck about any travel ban imposed on Aberdeen, Aberdeen itself or the North East in general. I doubt Nicola Sturgeon does either. Nobody down here gives it a second thought. If it wasn’t for the Weegies Alex Ferguson & Willie Miller, nobody would ever have heard of the place. There’s your answer on behalf of the SG. Happy now?

There’s a whole lot of SDE in the NE
    SDE?

That the central belt doesn't give a single f*ck about the northeast is what we in the northeast see. Plenty taken from the northeast in taxes and distributed amongst the self entitled in the central belt over the years. Population rising in the northeast greater than that of Scotland as a whole (meaning reducing population in the rest of Scotland) but precious little came back this way to enable the wealth creation that was sustaining expenditure in the central belt. Yet not one single f*ck was being given.

SDE?

That the central belt doesn't give a single f*ck about the northeast is what we in the northeast see. Plenty taken from the northeast in taxes and distributed amongst the self entitled in the central belt over the years. Population rising in the northeast greater than that of Scotland as a whole (meaning reducing population in the rest of Scotland) but precious little came back this way to enable the wealth creation that was sustaining expenditure in the central belt. Yet not one single f*ck was being given.
    There it is, always bubbling away under the surface

There used to be a cocky confidence with Aberdonians, bordering on arrogance. Possibly as a result of watching their (weegie infested) successful football team, possibly as a result of well paid work on their doorstep. Now there’s just this bitterness & resentment. What the young ‘uns these days call SDE.

I’m sorry that nobody is prepared to answer the question that’s been eating away at you for months. It was be infuriating that nobody gives a monkeys. However, the latest polling would suggest that the overwhelming majority have confidence in our dear leader.

I guess you need to read back so there’s no going over old ground.
    The question was related to why there was no travel ban imposed on the central belt like there was in Aberdeen.
    5 mile limit.

Weeks later after failing to control the spread, the hot topic is now about travel restrictions.

Quote Originally Posted by Mason89 View Post
    There it is, always bubbling away under the surface

There used to be a cocky confidence with Aberdonians, bordering on arrogance. Possibly as a result of watching their (weegie infested) successful football team, possibly as a result of well paid work on their doorstep. Now there’s just this bitterness & resentment. What the young ‘uns these days call SDE.

I’m sorry that nobody is prepared to answer the question that’s been eating away at you for months. It was be infuriating that nobody gives a monkeys. However, the latest polling would suggest that the overwhelming majority have confidence in our dear leader.
    Their? Not ours?
    I knew you were not a Dandy.

The question remains - why was it agreed to be a good idea to enhance safety by ‘forbidding’ travel more than 5 miles from home in Aberdeen in August, to prevent spread to other parts of these islands? This, when the outbreak was pub-based, and arguably easier to track than the initial spike in Central Scotland which was dwelling-based.

This question is even more relevant now that Holyrood is making noises (probably only capable of being heard by our canine friends?) about mirroring the Welsh move to ban travel into their country from the country with which it shares a border. Quite what the inhabitants of Borders and Dumfries and Galloway make of their being protected from travellers from a high risk area to the south, yet not from a high risk area to the north, is anyone’s guess.

The lack of consistency is as puzzling as it is concerning.

Page 167 of 254 FirstFirst ... 67117157165166167168169177217 ... LastLast