+ Visit Aston Villa FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: I bet sky are worried?

I bet sky are worried?

Millions of people tonight cancelling their subscription, haha. Hate sky and their monopoly over the game.
    No football, racing, golf, cricket, motor racing, you Name it, its gone for about 3-6 Months.

Cancel the season, cancel euros, what about the winter world cup. I spoke with a nurse who said this could take 3 years to clear!!😳

SKY will no doubt have huge cash reserves to fall back on and simply revise their business forecasts for 2020/21, at least Amazon managed to get a foot in the door this season & didn't they do a good job of it too. Sky should be more worried about the free streams and how that's testing people's opinions of the value they get from their subscription - it's bl00dy expensive, I canned it years ago (before streams).

On a wider scale the economic and social effects of this virus could be felt for years - a lot of people will be isolating at home and when they've gotten bored of boxsets will be evaluating how they live & work. It's as if the reset button is being pressed in the world.

Well said, our company has had a travel ban now for 2 weeks and we are all given a Skype account in preparation to work from home. The sic thing is that there really will be nothing to watch in terms of sport. Can definately see Sky holding back on paying clubs this year if its called off.
    Looking at Sky news now, they already have nothing to talk about apart from the virus. I can see all their independant channels now just playing re-runs from this season. Who wants to pay for that?

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)