+ Visit Carlisle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Predictocomp - please read.

Predictocomp - please read.

To avoid the risk of you all catching Coronavirus I have SELFLESSLY decided to suspend the predictocomp until April at the earliest. That includes tomorrow’s games so week 33 will be shelved for now as only 5 folk had got their entries in anyway. We’ll see what happens with those fixtures further down the line, as it appears that the EFL have taken note of my decision and postponed all games in line with my stance.

See you all in April.

Possibly.

Cheers Griff.

Enjoy your break and stay safe.

The Pools Panel will probably be invoked. So, you could carry on the Predictocomp by getting folk to predict the scores that the Pools Panel will, in their infinite wisdom, allocate to the scheduled matches that are now postponed.

To be clear - we don't have to get predictions in this week?

No Tim, no point.

See what I did there?

Seriously, I doubt that most folk will decide not to bother anyway, and I can’t foresee these fixtures coming to pass any day soon. I’d put good money on this season being taken behind the shed and shot.

If we get football back I’ll start this up again in some form - perhaps a 37 week season, or maybe two sets of fixtures each week. Maybe even 40 weeks as planned if they extend the season into May. It’s not as if we’re going anywhere, right?

Thanks for the clarification Griff and all your continuous hard war with this comp.

Can I assume if it does get cancelled in total then we are all joint winners?

With 8 weeks to complete it would be difficult to declare a winner, even though it’s looking more and more likely that it would be one of two contestants. We’ll have to wait and see how this pans out. Will the season extend into May and June? Can it? More questions than answers, I’m afraid. The main thing is that safety has been put first, so we can’t really complain.

They'll complete the season at some point. Even if it's delayed a couple of months and the start of next season put back until September.

You could scrap next season's cup competitions even, to free up space.

When the season resumes, those of us who survive carry on as normal I suspect. Unless you don't make it, Griff.

Good luck, Sir.

Gargle with salt water please.

Quote Originally Posted by Piglet_Phoenix View Post
    those of us who survive carry on as normal I suspect. Unless you don't make it, Griff.
    Sorry, Piglet. They say you can’t take it with you, so I’m not going.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)