+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: Match Thread vs. Eastleigh 14.03.20

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    I'd say his biggest mistake was taking us out of the Football League, and for me that's as big as it gets. What could he do you ask?
    He could have organised and motivated the players to play to their potential but he didn't, instead he took us down with barely a whimper.

I didn't want to be negative after the joy of today, but after reading your post I couldn't help it.
    This^^^

Bit late tonight:

Why? Just why?

We've been over this so many times. Views vary hugely, but regardless of who indivduals blame the most for last season's disgrace/embarrassment, it was just that last season.

It's all positive at the moment, playing better, winning games, team clearly gelling, multiple impressive signings, good substitutions, players coming slowly back from injury, great tactical changes from the manager and some great goals.

With the general consensus on NCM predicting a 5th placed finish, with the maximum 12 points from the past 4 games it's looking like that's a distinct possibility now , maybe even better.

PVO

Quote Originally Posted by laddo View Post
    Why? Just why?

We've been over this so many times. Views vary hugely, but regardless of who indivduals blame the most for last season's disgrace/embarrassment, it was just that last season.

It's all positive at the moment, playing better, winning games, team clearly gelling, multiple impressive signings, good substitutions, players coming slowly back from injury, great tactical changes from the manager and some great goals.

With the general consensus on NCM predicting a 5th placed finish, with the maximum 12 points from the past 4 games it's looking like that's a distinct possibility now , maybe even better.

PVO
    We’ve been round and round in circles about last season as you say.

As it seems the season is on the cusp of coming to a grinding halt it’s probably a good time to take stock of where we are and how far we have come in the past 8 months.

Despite last season being dreadful Neal Ardley’s overall managerial stats are looking quite healthy and he sits just behind Kevin Nolan and Craig Shirt in terms of win ratio. It’s quite possible that by the time the season does end he could finish it as the 3rd best permanent manager in terms of win ratio's in the past 10 years.

Although some may argue that its at a lower level compared to the others and the only possible redemption for them will be if Neal Ardley takes us back to where he found us or beyond.

Total (League+Cup)
    P71, W29, D19, L23, GF103, GA89, GD+14

Win Ratio = 40.8%

Win Ratios (All competitions)

1.) Steve Cotteril 77.78%
    2.) Dave Kevan 54.55% - Caretaker
    3.) Steve Hodge 50% - Caretaker
    4.) Keith Curle 45.1%
    5.) Kevin Nolan 41.7%
    6.) Craig Short 41.18%
    7.) Neal Ardley 40.8%
    8.) Martin Allen 37.21%
    9.) Paul Ince 34.48%
    10.) Shaun Derry 33.77%
    11.) Mark Cooper 30%
    12.) Ricardo Moniz 29.41%
    13.) Chris Kiwomya 26.47%
    14.) John Sheridan 25%
    15.) Jamie Fullarton 23.08%
    16.) Harry Kewell 21.4%
    17.) Steve Chettle 20% - Caretaker
    18.) Paul Hart 0% - Caretaker
    19.) Mick Halsall 0% - Caretaker
    20.) Alan Smith 0% - Caretaker
    21.) Carl Heggs 0% - Caretaker
    Last edited by MAD_MAGPIE; 15-03-2020 at 11:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    I'd say his biggest mistake was taking us out of the Football League, and for me that's as big as it gets. What could he do you ask?
    He could have organised and motivated the players to play to their potential but he didn't, instead he took us down with barely a whimper.

I didn't want to be negative after the joy of today, but after reading your post I couldn't help it.
    He had players who had "niggles" that didn't exist. Players refusing to stick to game plans. Players refusing to take corners / free kicks. ( Doyle had to run from one side of the pitch to the other to take corners ) Players refusing to partake in serious training. Players refusing to talk to certain other players. Players going on the lash the night before a game. Take a look at who left in the last transfer window before relegation for a couple of suspects.

Source? A squad member who left last season.

We all know last season was a complete mess behind the scenes, in the newspapers, on the pitch and no doubt on the training pitches and dressing room too. Must have been very difficult for any/all managers to do their job effectively. None of them did.

So regardless of how reliable that source is or not, you read it and it doesn't surprise you. The players last season covered themselves in no glory whatsoever and let down all three managers.

Thankfully that was last season, and now we aren't a mess, we arent hearing from the owners, you aren't hearing any issues behind the scenes, the players have all been pulling in the same direction even when results were very mixed before December. Since mid December, the form has been fantastic.

Onwards and upwards.

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910