+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Straw Poll

Quote Originally Posted by swaledale View Post
    I can't see how football or indeed the country can survive more than a few weeks inertia. Much more than that and the economic damage done will result in more deaths than the measures taken to prevent deaths from corona virus!

If they void the season, then unless there is mutual agreement between clubs then there will be significant legal action taken. Plus many clubs in the championship and lower will not survive more than a month without match day income.

Players contracts do pose an issue, but not an insurmountable one, given the circumstances it would be perfectly possible to agree an extension of all contracts (it would involve clubs and players union and legal reps but no reason why not) until the new end of the season - why would players object to being paid an extra couple of months on existing contracts, especially as its in their interests to have viable and credible football competitions for their clubs to play in, otherwise they are all out of a job anyway! So I don't see that as a big issue.

It would seem to be a given that the Euros will be postponed until next year, that gives space for the leagues and FA Cup and european competitions to be completed. There may need to be a delay to the start of next season, but a bit of rescheduling of the league cup, or even cancelling it for a season would create wriggle room there.

I would have thought voiding the current season would be the last resort and only favoured by clubs whose interest would be served by doing so.
    Totally agree, which is where Karen Brady comes in.

Coincidentally, just heard from someone - the only one I know - who contracted Covid-19 in Italy.
    In his mid fifties and been in isolation in Scotland since his symptoms appeared, described it as like a ‘short flu’.

Having had 2 weeks worth of flu in january - 5 days in bed too weak to even fart - that sounds not so bad

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff Parkstone View Post
    Having had 2 weeks worth of flu in january - 5 days in bed too weak to even fart - that sounds not so bad
    That seems to be the case IF one is fit and well, children it seems don't seem to catch it and it affects more men than women according to reports. On the otherhand if your health is poor then its not good news.

There is now talk of isolating all 70 yr olds maybe for at least a month?

Affecting more men than women is odd, given the fact that women always have their mouths open 😉

Didn't we miss out on Europe in the 80's owing to Liverpool fans getting English clubs banned? Seems like Karma to me

Quote Originally Posted by AdiSalisbury View Post
    Didn't we miss out on Europe in the 80's owing to Liverpool fans getting English clubs banned? Seems like Karma to me

We did but its an odd karma that wipes out a nations old folk in return?

Heartless and tasteless comment. Not worthy of you Adi.
    The authorities’ decision to use an antiquated and unfit for purpose stadium as much to blame as ‘Liverpool fans’ of whom just 14 (hardly ‘Liverpool fans’) were charged with manslaughter.
    If you want to talk about Karma have you forgotten Hillsborough? Seems much more than enough to me and totally irrelevant anyway.

Woah, it was a question- I didn't know it was linked to that incident, before my time. Sorry!

The alleged plan to avoid all the season ending in turmoil according to the Daily Fail:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...hown-pubs.html

Woah, it was a question- I didn't know it was linked to that incident, before my time. Sorry!

Okay...just not like you. Before your time! Sorry...I forget there are people who can’t remember 1985...I’ve actually got rugby shirts older than you!

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)