+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: So, this Mass Gathering...

There is no way Boris Johnson will be deciding the outcome of the Scottish Football League 19/20,that is by far the biggest FACT i have ever posted on this board.

Austrian government about to ban gatherings of more than 5 people according to sky news, surely that's gotta be a typo? Families will have to decide who to make live in a tent in the garden

Perth High School is being closed for the next three days for a deep clean as someone connected with the school is self isolating (and showing symptoms consistent with Coronavirus)...

Quote Originally Posted by TerryTheTerror View Post
    Perth High School is being closed for the next three days for a deep clean as someone connected with the school is self isolating (and showing symptoms consistent with Coronavirus)...
    Murroes Primary is closed tomorrow & Tuesday as one of the kids caught it.

I dont see why this mass gathering thing has been brought in for venues that are essentially in open air. I understand an enclosed space that can hold in excess of 500 people, but even then, how can we build up our own resistance to this if we are being kept away from it?

However and for Tannadice at least, 500 in each of the GF Lower, Upper, ET Lower, Upper, Shed, Fair Play and main, 3500 right there!

Quote Originally Posted by Chick A Saw View Post
    I dont see why this mass gathering thing has been brought in for venues that are essentially in open air. I understand an enclosed space that can hold in excess of 500 people, but even then, how can we build up our own resistance to this if we are being kept away from it?

However and for Tannadice at least, 500 in each of the GF Lower, Upper, ET Lower, Upper, Shed, Fair Play and main, 3500 right there!
    Tannadice is in the open air but not all of it that's why the smoking ban is enforced in stadiums.Hundred's of fans are in the concourse,toilets and hospitality together and the virus would be spread in the areas i have mentioned.On your other point regarding resistance,if you and others are happy to go and congregate in area's to acquire the virus then go into quarantine until you recover then good on you that is what Boris and his chief medical officer were advocating last week.

Which part. I certainly do hope we have a full squad.

And in ANY crisis theres always bundles of money to be made by the 1% and mass job losses as a result. Believe me this will be treated in exactly the same way although we will hear words of platitude from certain circles.

Illness and death are always a terrible thing especially if its someone close, but where there is money to be made it will be. We see at a simple level small bottles of sanitiser that was €1 selling for €15.

Quote Originally Posted by georgefoxposse1 View Post
    Which part. I certainly do hope we have a full squad.

And in ANY crisis theres always bundles of money to be made by the 1% and mass job losses as a result. Believe me this will be treated in exactly the same way although we will hear words of platitude from certain circles.

Illness and death are always a terrible thing especially if its someone close, but where there is money to be made it will be. We see at a simple level small bottles of sanitiser that was €1 selling for €15.
    OK, I’ll bite. You know very well which part I was referring to. For clarity, the anti-semitic part, which borders on being a race hate crime.

Mods: disappointing that his original post was not taken down immediately, as borders, if not passes, criminal threshold for race/relgious hatred. Any attempts to pass off as “tongue in cheek” or banter are irrelevant.

Quote Originally Posted by Noddydog View Post
    Mods: disappointing that his original post was not taken down immediately, as borders, if not passes, criminal threshold for race/relgious hatred. Any attempts to pass off as “tongue in cheek” or banter are irrelevant.
    Agreed and I've now moderated the offending section.

Quote Originally Posted by TerryTheTerror View Post
    Agreed and I've now moderated the offending section.
    Thanks. But check the end of his second paragraph also.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)