+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: The EU is phooked...

"These are special times mate, and normal rules don't apply."

Humpty Dumpty sat on a wall,
    Humpty Dumpty had a great fall,
    all the King's horses and all the King's men,
    couldn't put Humpty together again.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    The Germans are far ahead of us in this matter - it is a countries political decision by how much they fund these services.

FFS 59er how can you possibly know that? I have been to Germany socially and on business countless times, if I was taken ill I know which side of the North Sea I would rather be on.
    I thought it was common knowledge BT?

It is much better funded - especially social care.

Read this if you are interested

https://www.expatica.com/de/healthca...ermany-103359/

But we will be totally alone sorting out the economic impact both now and in the aftermath.

You seem to say that we will be better placed than those in the EU, I doubt it very much. Like I say, most financiers are placing their trust in the USD and Euro, and avoiding sterling like the plague.

With 100% certainty ultimately the pound will prove to be the safest haven for investing in. The UK is the safest haven for banks and commerce. Once this COVID bollox dies down, let's have a little wager on which currency bounces back the strongest and soonest?

Where the phook are you getting these soundbites from 59er? We are fast approaching a global recession and this sort of nonsense "most financiers are placing their trust in the USD and Euro, and avoiding sterling like the plague" comes straight out of the Lib Dem's playbook. You have time on your hands at present, no excuse for this bollox, do the research please?
    Again, I thought it was common knowledge.

Check for yourself.

https://www.xe.com/currencycharts/?from=GBP&to=USD

Currency values bob up and down through the ages. Great Britain is a rock solid investment base, why do you think London is overrun with Saudi Princes and Russian Oligarchs?

The NHS is miles better than the German alternative. Behave yourself 59er and get Mayfair bought?

Currency values bob up and down through the ages. Great Britain is a rock solid investment base, why do you think London is overrun with Saudi Princes and Russian Oligarchs?

The NHS is miles better than the German alternative. Behave yourself 59er and get Mayfair bought?
    I would do BT but I was wandering around London and was instructed to go home and stay in.

Humpty Dumpty sat on a wall, (Humpty Dumpty is Capitalism)
    all the King's horses and all the King's men,( King's horses are the Worlds Government, King's horses are your Government)
    Last edited by Balanbam00; 24-03-2020 at 02:54 AM. Reason: grammar

Humpty Dumpty sat on a wall, (Humpty Dumpty is Capitalism)
    all the King's horses and all the King's men,( King's horses are the Worlds Government, King's men are your Government)

Good news for Map!

Wuhan in China is planning to lift some restrictions on April 8th.

Quote Originally Posted by 1959_60 View Post
    I think you are worrying about the wrong thing Mon Ami.

Last week we pledged £350B to help save our economy. If it all goes pear shaped we are without any sort of back up plan. No EU to help us out.

And Britain has been targeted by financiers from around the world. These people see the pound as a bad option in these times - they are putting their faith in the USD and Euro instead. The pound is sinking fast against both these currencies.

We will have to sort it out on our own...and it may turn out very bad for us indeed.

Careful what you wish for.
    It's not just me and BT predicting the demise of the EU 59, the French are getting a bit twitchy as well. And well they might.

"French President Emmanuel Macron warned his fellow European Union leaders that the coronavirus outbreak risked undoing the bloc's central pillars such as its no-border zone if they failed to show solidarity in this crisis, a diplomat said. "What's at stake is the survival of the European project," he told the 26 other leaders in a conference call, according to a French diplomat. "The risk we are facing is the death of Schengen," Macron added, according to the same source."

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    It's not just me and BT predicting the demise of the EU 59, the French are getting a bit twitchy as well. And well they might.

"French President Emmanuel Macron warned his fellow European Union leaders that the coronavirus outbreak risked undoing the bloc's central pillars such as its no-border zone if they failed to show solidarity in this crisis, a diplomat said. "What's at stake is the survival of the European project," he told the 26 other leaders in a conference call, according to a French diplomat. "The risk we are facing is the death of Schengen," Macron added, according to the same source."
    Hey you! Stop nicking my thread?

Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)