+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: The EU is phooked...

"And talking about sinners repenting, didn't I hear Our Leader Boris insist yesterday that "There certainly is such a thing as society"? his days are numbered once the 1922 committee get wind of this..."

Cheers 59, for reminding me, possibly the first and finest example of Lefty Fake News.

What St Margaret actually said was,

""They are casting their problems at society. And, you know, there's no such thing as society. There are individual men and women and there are families. And no government can do anything except through people, and people must look after themselves first. It is our duty to look after ourselves and then, also, to look after our neighbours."

St Margaret says society consists of individuals, whose duty is to look after themselves first and then their neighbours. Nothing at all contentious to any sane, sensible, reasonable person, in fact that's precisely how we're being asked to behave in the current crisis, but she wasn't dealing with sane, sensible, reasonable people was she, she was dealing with Lefties who will take phrases out of context in order to form Fake News. That's how Lefties work.

"And, you know, there's no such thing as society. There are individual men and women and there are families."

Whatever was Boris thinking about?

Here is that leftie publication, The Suns take on it.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/112825...o-coronavirus/
    Last edited by 1959_60; 30-03-2020 at 09:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 1959_60 View Post
    "And, you know, there's no such thing as society. There are individual men and women and there are families."
    Thank you 59, there you go again, just what I was saying, quoting St Margaret out of context, it's what you lefties do, you just can't help yourself. Put the quote back into it's context, read it again and tell me what is contentious about it ?

"They are casting their problems at society. And, you know, there's no such thing as society. There are individual men and women and there are families. And no government can do anything except through people, and people must look after themselves first. It is our duty to look after ourselves and then, also, to look after our neighbours."

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    Thank you 59, there you go again, just what I was saying, quoting St Margaret out of context, it's what you lefties do, you just can't help yourself. Put the quote back into it's context, read it again and tell me what is contentious about it ?

"They are casting their problems at society. And, you know, there's no such thing as society. There are individual men and women and there are families. And no government can do anything except through people, and people must look after themselves first. It is our duty to look after ourselves and then, also, to look after our neighbours."
    Sorry Sinkov, but this is bizarre.

You seem to be saying that when she said "And, you know, there's no such thing as society. There are individual men and women and there are families." what she really meant was "There is such a thing as society".

It started the "I'm all right Jack, bugger the others" regime.

Industries were closed without a thought for how the poor sods who were without a job would manage. They were expected to look after themselves. To "get on their bikes and look for work" (Norman Tebbit). I think even Bradley Wiggins would have struggled with that. There was no alternative employment in most areas.

I think Boris knew exactly what he was saying (for once) when he spoke out yesterday. He was saying that companies, organisations and individuals would be supported by his Government in a way that a Thatcher Government simply wouldn't have dreamed of.

Quote Originally Posted by 1959_60 View Post
    Sorry Sinkov, but this is bizarre.

You seem to be saying that when she said "And, you know, there's no such thing as society. There are individual men and women and there are families." what she really meant was "There is such a thing as society".

It started the "I'm all right Jack, bugger the others" regime.

Industries were closed without a thought for how the poor sods who were without a job would manage. They were expected to look after themselves. To "get on their bikes and look for work" (Norman Tebbit). I think even Bradley Wiggins would have struggled with that. There was no alternative employment in most areas.

I think Boris knew exactly what he was saying (for once) when he spoke out yesterday. He was saying that companies, organisations and individuals would be supported by his Government in a way that a Thatcher Government simply wouldn't have dreamed of.
    It's almost as though you've never seen it in context before 59, and quite possibly you haven't, so would you like to answer my question now that you have, and tell me what is contentious about it ?

I really do not give a flying fooook about what context Thatcher used to decimate the British working class and weakened trade unions to the brink of extinction.

I care very deeply that hundreds of thousands of British small businesses may never re-open. The New World Order is burning through our "norm" like an out of control Australian bush fire.

COVID-19, possibly the greatest scam ever devised to control an out of control global population. Wake up everybody.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    I really do not give a flying fooook about what context Thatcher used to decimate the British working class and weakened trade unions to the brink of extinction.
    But we're not talking about that context BT, we're talking about the context of Saint Margaret's 'society' quote, and I'm still waiting for 59 to tell me what was contentious about it.

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    But we're not talking about that context BT, we're talking about the context of Saint Margaret's 'society' quote, and I'm still waiting for 59 to tell me what was contentious about it.
    Nothing contentious at all.

She simply told us that there was no such thing as society.

Boris put her right yesterday.

This is all well documented. Ask sir Nigel Evans if you need more proof....even though you posted her quote yourself yesterday.

"She simply told us that there was no such thing as society."

No she didn't 59, taking it out of context again, when you read the whole quote it's clear she was explaining that there was no such thing as society per se, society is simply individuals who look after themselves and their families first of all and then their neighbours, which is precisely what 'society' is and precisely how it operates. As usual Saint Margaret was right. It's perfectly clear, to anyone with a shred of integrity that is, which does seem to preclude most Lefties and Guardian readers who will never let the truth get in the way of a good FAKE NEWS story.

But perhaps I'm being unreasonable, expecting integrity from lefties, of course I am, “Repeat a lie often enough and it becomes the truth”, is a law of propaganda often attributed to the Nazi Joseph Goebbels.", the Left and their comrades at the BBC have run with this piece of FAKE NEWS for so long that it actually has become accepted wisdom, and wet, red Tories like Boris have long since given up trying to argue against such a deluge of lies and propaganda. The Left have given us a text book example of how Jo Goebbels operated, he would have been proud. So all credit to them, that's the way they operate, and they're pretty good at it to be fair.

Stop digging Mon Ami.

She said it and she never retracted it.

When she said it she didn't mean to say, "There is such a thing as society"

I really can't believe that you are saying that this is what she meant??

Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)