+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: The EU is phooked...

I am staying in China.
    The company that I work for, CITPC, have decided that I should leave where I live at the moment, Wuhan in Hubei Province and relocate to to Bao'an in Shenzen Province.
    I think that the travel resrtictions are to be lifted on April 8th but it's still unclear when the schools will re-open.
    On a more positive note, I will collect my permit tonight at 20:00 and then I will be allowed "out" for 2 hours per day, so at least, hopefully, I can buy so0me0 food !

Quote Originally Posted by map View Post
    I am staying in China.
    The company that I work for, CITPC, have decided that I should leave where I live at the moment, Wuhan in Hubei Province and relocate to to Bao'an in Shenzen Province.
    I think that the travel resrtictions are to be lifted on April 8th but it's still unclear when the schools will re-open.
    On a more positive note, I will collect my permit tonight at 20:00 and then I will be allowed "out" for 2 hours per day, so at least, hopefully, I can buy so0me0 food !
    Positive news at last!

I'd give the bat soup a swerve if I were you map.

Quote Originally Posted by map View Post
    I am staying in China.
    Brilliant news Map, what you've been through is no joke, but at least you've come out the other side, so many haven't. Once you are allowed out, what's the first thing you'll do ? Straight to the food shops ?

Great news map and I am sure that you will enjoy your freedom after all the time you have been confined to barracks.
    You are correct to stay in China because we now live in a Police State in the UK and we have lost all our freedom ----well, that is the message I keep being told. Reminds me of the old saying "Why make a drama out of a crisis?"

Me and the Child Bride went to the RANGE in Bolton this morning. We bought loads of "essentials" like new plates, compost, four plants (40% discount), stone chippings and Easter Eggs.

Just who is actually running this fooooooking circus?

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post

Just who is actually running this fooooooking circus?
    I can't take more than five minutes of the BBC and Sky whinge-fests every morning, so I check round news channels from as many other countries in the world as I can access, and you know what, they're all moaning, they're all whingeing, in every country, about the way their government is handling the crisis, all asking the same question, 'just who is running this foooooking circus ?

The best thing to come out of the COVID-19 virus is the inevitable and imminent break up of the EU.

You can feel the tensions between EU states are on the rise, rife with accusations of fellow member states putting themselves first to the detriment of their coterminous neighbours.

It is already well documented that early in the outbreak, some EU member states imposed bans on the export of their medical supplies and personal protection equipment to fellow member states.

The even nastier ones constructed border restrictions that left citizens of other EU states stranded. Schengen my arse!

Hungary now on the front foot...

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/world...cid=spartandhp

The EU is phooked!

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    Hungary now on the front foot...

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/world...cid=spartandhp

The EU is phooked!
    " “By killing the virus, we should not kill democracy,” European Commission Vice President Vera Jourova said on Friday. “Next to the need to gain immunity against corona, we must strengthen our collective immunity against the virus of absolute power.”

I don't know how these EU people manage to keep a straight face. Does any EU citizen get a vote to decide the next President ? Can anyone tell me how you vote out EU Commisioners, the body that formulates the EU laws we're still living under ?

Answers......... No and You Can't. Democracy EU style.

Looking at if from the outside in, why did we take so long to appreciate what a fooooking pantomime it is? One virus killed off the EU. You got to hand it to the Chinese?

Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)