+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: The EU is phooked...

The EU is phooked...

Germany in recession, Merkel crying over lost trade now Britain has gone, EU member states have now got their borders closed.

Schengen zone members Denmark, Poland, the Czech Republic, Switzerland, Cyprus, Malta, Slovakia and Lithuania are now barring or restricting the entry of foreigners in defiance of Brussels’ warnings to avoid blanket travel bans and coordinate emergency action.

Whatever happened to the Schengen free movement of EU members? Whatever happened to the EU ethos?

I won't say I told you so, but I know someone who will!

1959_60 is presently locked away in Buxton drinking mineral water and luxuriating in hot spas. He's not as daft as I've always thought, he didn't risk the "nationalist retreat" which currently demonstrates Europe's growing anxiety.

Not for our lad was taking the delights of travel without border controls. He knew all along the EU is a shambolic façade; free movement has long been offered to be a major benefit for more than 400 million EU citizens, but a bit of a flu epidemic has got them all retreating into their own homogeneous national bunkers.

Thank Christ our "Little England" is free from such EU directives and nonsense.

Capitalism is like a firecracker ,a few cracks, hisses ,puffs and it has ended. This virus (this macrovita )is perhaps the first crack! We are going to see now before our eyes, the end of a blood sucking leach.A new and just society is waiting to be born – one that breaks decisively with all the failed systems of the past.

Capitalism and communism have polluted the air, water and environment in this peace-loving world. By nature human beings are peace-loving, not war-loving. It is capitalism and communism that have caused two world wars and so many other sanguinary battles in the world in the recent past.
    Both these systems have created suppression, repression and oppression in the minds of the people. But while capitalism makes people slaves, communism makes them worse than slaves. Capitalism cannot serve humanity, while communism failed to serve humanity.

Yes Balan Capitalism and Communism have both fuelled war and slavery but they are not alone. The Romans, Christians, Nazis and Islam to name but a few are all steeped in the same blood. I wish all human beings were by nature peace-loving but there is a whole stack of evidence to say they are not. I do share BT’s belief that the EU by transforming itself from a group of nations committed to trading with other freely without tariffs into a would be centralised superstate is doomed to failure.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    Germany in recession, Merkel crying over lost trade now Britain has gone, EU member states have now got their borders closed.

Schengen zone members Denmark, Poland, the Czech Republic, Switzerland, Cyprus, Malta, Slovakia and Lithuania are now barring or restricting the entry of foreigners in defiance of Brussels’ warnings to avoid blanket travel bans and coordinate emergency action.
    seems "their" Christmas came early BT.....this one just as faked as all the others - and I bet....folk'll still water the tree for them !

it's been coming....Obviously so.

seems the French feel that protesting against their reprobate Government...is more important than catching a Cold !

Saturday 14/20

I keep reading that we must extend the transition period beyond the end of the year, and no doubt the EU and the traitors in this country will try anything and everything to keep us enmeshed longer. But we must leave asap, there is a fecking great big sting in the tail of staying in any longer. When this all dies down the damage to some of the EU economic basket case countries like will be enormous, and there will have to be bail outs, paid for by the richer EU members, which will include us if we haven't left. There is one good reason to be out on January 1st, they'll have us over a barrel for billions of euros should we still be in, and it wouldn't surprise me if they tried to get the bail outs up and running before the end of the year, and demand we cough up our share. He's a devious bugger Johnny Foreigner you know.

Greed and national self interest has overtaken the core values of the EU. Like I said in #1 the EU is phooked!

https://www.gatestoneinstitute.org/1...-union-the-end

No doubt 59 will be on soon to defend his pet project, but as I pointed out at the time of the referendum, Remainers are/were swimming against the tide of history, the EU has no long term future, it will go the same way as Yugoslavis and the USSR, Brexit was a nail in it's coffin, this crisis is just another one, hastening it's end.

It seems only a few short weeks since some were still bemoaning the fact that we would be in control of our own borders, they were actually advocating no borders at all, absolute free movement of people everywhere, anywhere. These fruitcakes have gone quiet now.

Macron now using COVID-19 to try and bully Britain by closing the Channel border. Good luck with that you French phookwit!

Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)