+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Judas Big Sam Preaching in The Red Rag.

Judas Big Sam Preaching in The Red Rag.

Judas Allardyce must be running out of a Bob or two he is preaching about the Pies in the Red Rag.

What a pity he did not practice what he preachers.

Quote Originally Posted by Bridg4d_Pie_ View Post
    Judas Allardyce must be running out of a Bob or two he is preaching about the Pies in the Red Rag.

What a pity he did not practice what he preachers.
    Did alright for us on the field but we gave him a job (when no one else seemed interested) and yes he did it. However when he left for Bolton and lied to Derek after he'd become 'noticed' I started to dislike him. He successfully sold his "Big Sam" and hard man image and became proficient at chewing gum (copied from Fergusson I suspect) just for effect. He eventually got the England job (very briefly!) and was fired for accepting 'bungs' following a sting operation. He became well known for the numbers of 'hangers on' back room staff he carried around and for a time was fawned upon by the media. His son (an agent) also appeared somewhat 'shadowy' although he seemed to fade away without trace. So I suppose Allardyce must firstly be judged on his management success not his personal life but to me he will always be a big fat Judas slob.

Yeah it did it for the money no doubt it , NEP have always been big payers.

He says nothing we don't already know but what he says is spot on.

He left us in the best position we have been in since I started supporting Notts. I don't hate the guy in the slightest, the best manager we've had since Jimmy Sirrell probably. Good luck to the man.

Hardly a Judas is he ��

Quote Originally Posted by TSANHO View Post
    He left us in the best position we have been in since I started supporting Notts. I don't hate the guy in the slightest, the best manager we've had since Jimmy Sirrell probably. Good luck to the man.

Hardly a Judas is he ��
    I would vote for Warnock as the best manager since Jimmy.

Yes, fair, and would probably too the polls in a Notts fan census I guess. They are from the same breed and we were fortunate to have them both at the helm really.

I often wonder how far Allardyce could have taken us, I think he would've had us as a stable Championship club within 3 seasons.

Quote Originally Posted by forwardmagpie View Post
    So would everybody else.

Quote Originally Posted by forwardmagpie View Post
    Without a doubt, but if Sam had stuck with us - he has since proved he had the ability to outdo Warnock. Notts are not as big a club as Bolton, so he probably wouldn't have had us finishing in the top half of the Premier League but maybe Sam could have kept Notts up at that level.

Curiously, on PPG ratio, Allardyce is well down the Notts manager table on home games only, around half way.
    Away from home, of those who managed more than 10 away games, he's the 3rd best of all time.
    Last edited by upthemaggies; 23-03-2020 at 07:40 PM.

A slight tangent but one manager I always felt was given an unfairly hard time at Notts was Billy Dearden. He had to work under arguably the hardest ever conditions at the club and still managed some 'great' things.

Quote Originally Posted by TSANHO View Post
    A slight tangent but one manager I always felt was given an unfairly hard time at Notts was Billy Dearden. He had to work under arguably the hardest ever conditions at the club and still managed some 'great' things.
    I agree 150 % with those words, Bill was the last of the old school knew how to get the maximum out of squad under difficult circumstances. Sadly he was groud down by all the off field pressure in the end, he deserved a medal for the display against Chelsea at Stamford Bridge.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast