+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Ann Budge: Hearts will take legal action is standings are final

Ann Budge: Hearts will take legal action is standings are final

Ann Budge has confirmed Hearts will take legal action if the current Premiership standings are declared final.

The Jambos owner insists the season cannot be ended in its current state as Scottish football faces an indefinite shutdown amid the coronavirus pandemic.

The SPFL are expected to make a decision on the Premiership, Championship, League One and League Two this week.

If the top-flight status quo is taken as the final outcome to the season, Hearts will be relegated to the Championship.

And Budge disputes that her club should face the drop under current rules.

She told Sky Sports: “Well it depends on how you read the rules, and I don’t read the rules that way.

The SPFL rules that could hand Celtic nine-in-a-row and send Hearts down to the Championship
    “So I think if the season was deemed to be ended then you have to go back to the rules and the rules very, very clearly state that the competition comprises 38 games.

“Clearly we all know that we have not played 38 games so I don’t think it’s as simple as somebody can say ‘let’s just doom everything to be as it is and take it from there’. I don’t think that’s reasonable.

“I’d love to be able to finish the season but if we can’t then I think we need to be pragmatic about it and take a view on premature ending.

Asked directly if the club would mount a legal challenge, Budge confirmed: "Yes, I would have to.

“Because I fundamentally disagree.

“Because there are so many options it’s difficult to sit here and say: ‘well I would do this, I would do that'.

“I am not of a view that it’s a reasonable thing to do, nor can I see who would benefit. How does that help anybody?

“In a situation where we’re all confronting issues that nobody ever imagined we’d have to confront, who benefits? I just can’t get my head around it.

“I’ve already made my position known - in a non-confrontational manner I’d like to say - but I have put my arguments over (to the SPFL).”

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/...-take-21702224

Obvious statement of the day goes to Ann Budge.

She obviously never read the rule in the SPL,s rulebook that ... the season comes to an end after 38 games UNLESS the committee has reasons without their control to stop earlier at their discretion. Or something along they lines which pretty much covers the here and now. If this IS all her quotes i think she is making a fool of herself and Hearts. Would be plenty of time later to make that kind of statement. I also dont doubt that the sun newspaper has more or less set her up with this and she has jumped in with both feet! Partick are in a worse position than them especially having a game in hand.

The BBC website "Ann Budge says Hearts will 'consider' legal action"

F uck Budge get them doon

Quote Originally Posted by offshore_arab83 View Post
    F uck Budge...
    Errr, no thanks.

Hunco now making a statement. Opportunist blowhards have the cheek to say health more important then basically try to scrap the season because they arent going to win it.

RANGERS are continuing to monitor the ongoing situation regarding Coronavirus and its impact on football at all levels.
    I reiterate Steven Gerrard’s comments this morning that football is secondary to the health and well-being of the citizens of the United Kingdom. Life is precious and as a society, we must endeavour to do everything we can to protect the most vulnerable in our community. As a club, we will continue to follow government guidelines and advice relating to the health and safety of all members of staff.
    It is our firm view that this season’s league competition (2019/20) is only complete when all 38 games are played by all teams. For the avoidance of doubt, we believe that final standings can only be confirmed when all games have been completed, not before. Any attempt to finish the season with a significant amount of games still to play, impacts upon the integrity of sport in Scotland.
    Furthermore, we are strongly opposed to playing games behind closed doors. Rangers fans have stuck by our club in the darkest of times. Their loyalty will not be forgotten and they will not be left behind.
    We are cognisant of the uncertainty surrounding the future of many businesses and peoples jobs because of a potential lengthy extended break. We must be mindful that football goes well beyond the result of a match. Football brings us all together, it provides countless people with a livelihood and we will work to ensure no one runs roughshod over people’s lives.
    We will continue to maintain a watchful eye on the decisions of footballs governing bodies. Let me reassure the fans that we will not be found wanting in this situation.
    Rangers FC Managing Director, Stewart Robertson

Quote Originally Posted by psych View Post
    Hunco now making a statement. Opportunist blowhards have the cheek to say health more important then basically try to scrap the season because they arent going to win it.

RANGERS are continuing to monitor the ongoing situation regarding Coronavirus and its impact on football at all levels.
    I reiterate Steven Gerrard’s comments this morning that football is secondary to the health and well-being of the citizens of the United Kingdom. Life is precious and as a society, we must endeavour to do everything we can to protect the most vulnerable in our community. As a club, we will continue to follow government guidelines and advice relating to the health and safety of all members of staff.
    It is our firm view that this season’s league competition (2019/20) is only complete when all 38 games are played by all teams. For the avoidance of doubt, we believe that final standings can only be confirmed when all games have been completed, not before. Any attempt to finish the season with a significant amount of games still to play, impacts upon the integrity of sport in Scotland.
    Furthermore, we are strongly opposed to playing games behind closed doors. Rangers fans have stuck by our club in the darkest of times. Their loyalty will not be forgotten and they will not be left behind.
    We are cognisant of the uncertainty surrounding the future of many businesses and peoples jobs because of a potential lengthy extended break. We must be mindful that football goes well beyond the result of a match. Football brings us all together, it provides countless people with a livelihood and we will work to ensure no one runs roughshod over people’s lives.
    We will continue to maintain a watchful eye on the decisions of footballs governing bodies. Let me reassure the fans that we will not be found wanting in this situation.
    Rangers FC Managing Director, Stewart Robertson
    Have to laugh at where they call on basically ‘sporting integrity’ to play all the remaining games (fair enough) but then go on to say that ‘The Loyal’ MUST be able to attend ‘The Big Hoose’ knowing fine bloody well that that will simply not be possible any time in the medium term. They could have saved themselves a lot of waffle by just coming out and saying ‘Make it Null and Void and Phuck The Tims’.

Feck they hun bar stewards
    If it was the other way round and they had Celtics lead if would be a different argument

How no suspend all sports for 1 year and carry on March 2021, but canna have that TV,bookies,pundits, boozers winna get any money?

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)