+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: O/T Holiday / Flight Cancellations With Tui

Quote Originally Posted by WanChaiMiller View Post
    Its going to be very expensive for travel companies and airlines. Id rather lose £2k than take the risk travelling to hotspots.

The problem is not of their making. I have a view we should all pay our bit to cover the financial shortfall.

Why should it all fall on travel companies?
    Are they not insured like other businesses?

Quote Originally Posted by millertop View Post
    Are they not insured like other businesses?
    Who? Tui? How can they or any other business insure to cover this?

Like I said wanchaimiller, Tui turned round to hotels abroad, saying they are not getting paid, has it is the hotels don't get paid for a certain period of time after a customer has travelled, Tui not bothered about the hotels, the shareholders of Tui have been drawing the cream off the top for long enough, so why has a customer should I allow Tui to have my money, when they don't give a t*ss about the hotels they use abroad.
    Tui have a clause in the contract not to pay hotels when they don't use them, get real mate, I've worked hard for my money over the years, why should I stand it to give to the company.

Quote Originally Posted by Ericsladkilnhurst View Post
    Like I said wanchaimiller, Tui turned round to hotels abroad, saying they are not getting paid, has it is the hotels don't get paid for a certain period of time after a customer has travelled, Tui not bothered about the hotels, the shareholders of Tui have been drawing the cream off the top for long enough, so why has a customer should I allow Tui to have my money, when they don't give a t*ss about the hotels they use abroad.
    Tui have a clause in the contract not to pay hotels when they don't use them, get real mate, I've worked hard for my money over the years, why should I stand it to give to the company.
    These are unprecedented events and we all need to take some part of the hit. No one will be creaming anything in these next few months. Many will go under.

Do you expect Tui to pay staff when the holiday industry close for 2 months?

Just been listening to it on the radio. Huge problems ahead right across the board. France just gauranteed a £300bn fund for bailouts.

I suppose Id be more confident if I knew companies would pay down the supply chain.

Was due to be going to Tenerife to my points based timeshare next Monday. Full credit of points back yesterday, full refund from British Airways confirmed today and Reservation with No 1 lounges refunded in full. Only issue with APH parking and day before hotel booking will only give credit towards next booking within next 12 months. Next two booked holidays are not going from Gatwick!

Has said earlier post, we have been given a voucher to use within 18 months, after booking with Holiday Extras, good thing I can use any airport, the voucher start date is the date issued, which in my case was 16 March 2020.
    Checked my bank account still no refund gone in, will give them while Friday then if not paid,will phone them again.

Telephoned Tui today regarding my full refund of the cost of the holiday booked to travel on the 17th March 2020, cancelled by tui on the 16th March 2020.
    I was on hold for 1 hour 40 minutes before I got through to a travel call centre handler, after pressing different numbers on my phone, I went into the hold line.
    I explained that I telephoned Tui on the 16th March, to which the travel call handler said i would have a full refund in my bank in 7 to 10 days, this waiting time has expired, so I today asked the call handler why it had not gone into my bank, be it I said on the 16th March I did require to book another holiday, so required a full refund.
    He said it was in the hands of the financial department, & that I would receive my refund at some point, but he did not know when, he also said the 7 to 10 day refund time on the Tui website, is not a guaranteed time process of payment, its more or less they hope to pay the refund in the stated time.
    Another thing I said to him was why Tui were sending e-mails telling customers to claim on their travel insurance, when on Tui's website it says a total refund is payable, to which I said this was wrong.
    One thing is that I paid the holiday on my credit card, so if any more problems I will go to the bank, has Martin Lewis has said , the bank pays Tui not the card holder, so the card holder gets the money from the bank, the bank then goes to Tui for repayment.
    This is why I always pay for holidays on my credit card, with no fees on the bookings now, just making sure the card is always paid in full, to which I loaded my card up before booking.

We had three holidays booked.
    We’re not in a rush for a refund and if they’re going to offer vouchers then they should last for 2 years with a proviso that if you don’t use them you get the cash refunded.
    If everyone claims their cash back the Airline / Holiday industry is shafted.
    Difficult times ahead.

"TUI Group announced it was suspending all travel operations until further notice.

In light of this situation, the Executive Board has decided today to withdraw the Financial Year 2020 guidance as communicated on 11 February 2020. Furthermore the Executive Board also refrains from issuing a new guidance for the Financial Year 2020 under the current circumstances.

The company plan to apply for ‘state aid guarantees’ to support its business."

In short, TUI are in deep trouble.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast