+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Early Bird Season Tickets

Early Bird Season Tickets

Barnsley Football Club take the health and safety of our fans very seriously but equally fans will appreciate that during this Coronavirus shutdown period your football club is experiencing severe cash flow problems. In line with our statement when taking over the club that we will not do anything crazy financially our Chairman can announce that no funds will be forthcoming from the owners combined wealth of several billion, even to tide the club over a period of four or five months, either as a loan or a donation.
    In order for the club to survive this difficult period we look to fans to buy Season Tickets at Early Bird prices as soon as possible. These will be on sale at the usual time before the end of March. Unfortunately, due to cash flow issues, prices have had to increase for next season but do still represent good value compared to match day prices.
    We recognise some fans may have little or no income beyond SSP or Benefits during this period but our Chairman knows our great fans will pull together and make the financial sacrifices necessary in order that players wages can still be paid at the levels in their contracts.
    The message from our Chairman is "Go Barnsley".

My My message to the chairman is "GO" GO" "GO" and take your clowns with you

If the season is declared null and void does that mean all our season tickets are valid again from the start of next season?

Season to conclude recommencing late June and during July. Behind closed doors if needed.
    All contracts extended to end of July,
    August transfer window for one month (as per January)
    Season starts early September with no League Cup or EFL Trophy.

What's up wi that ?

I’d like a full year off please. Two out of the last three seasons have debilitated me severely

There’s going to be so many clubs go out of business, I’d restart the season next January but again clubs would just shut down