+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 119 of 307 FirstFirst ... 1969109117118119120121129169219 ... LastLast
Results 1,181 to 1,190 of 3653

Thread: O/T:- Impressed with the leadership

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    'Inbarrasing' is also acceptable on here.

As is 'rocket surgery', both courtesy of Forest fans!
    I've always loved the 'rocket-surgery' hybrid. Didn't realise the Florists were smart enough to have started using that one. Maybe things are looking up over there at last!

As someone said on Twitter, putting Boris Johnson in charge of the country was like putting Prince Andrew in charge of the babysitting.

Quote Originally Posted by BigFatPie View Post
    As someone said on Twitter, putting Boris Johnson in charge of the country was like putting Prince Andrew in charge of the babysitting.
    You should be a little more careful in what you say, suggesting Prince Andrew is a *****phile could land you in deep **** !

Quote Originally Posted by BanjoPie View Post
    You should be a little more careful in what you say, suggesting Prince Andrew is a *****phile could land you in deep **** !
    Haha. That reminds me of the time someone said Donald Trump would sue me because I called him s E x case.

I think Andrew Windsor’s lawyers (paid for by her Maj)are quite busy at the moment.

Out of interest do you think he should go to the US and answer the allegations made against him?

Quote Originally Posted by BigFatPie View Post
    Haha. That reminds me of the time someone said Donald Trump would sue me because I called him s E x case.

I think Andrew Windsor’s lawyers (paid for by her Maj)are quite busy at the moment.

Out of interest do you think he should go to the US and answer the allegations made against him?
    Personally I think he should - he should have also said that he did remember the girl in question and that as far as he understood, she was of a legal age for ***.

Quote Originally Posted by BanjoPie View Post
    Personally I think he should - he should have also said that he did remember the girl in question and that as far as he understood, she was of a legal age for ***.
    I agree with the first bit of your comment. The second bit could well be his defence, but whether it’s true or not I suppose we’ll never know..

Quote Originally Posted by i961pie View Post
    It just shows how weak the opposition was.
    Love it!

No defence against Elite's summary that they are an incompetent and openly (the biggest problem of all imo) corrupt bunch apart from the opposition are weak.

I agree that the opposition are weak, but do you honestly believe that if the opposition was the strongest possible that the Government would act differently?

It starts at the top, and the PM must lead. He does, but in the wrong direction. He can come out with all the bluster, sit at PMQ and shake his head but it doesn't change the fact that he's crashed the car into a ditch regarding Owen Paterson and he's driving the car toward the cliff edge now.

Quote Originally Posted by magpie_mania View Post
    Love it!

No defence against Elite's summary that they are an incompetent and openly (the biggest problem of all imo) corrupt bunch apart from the opposition are weak.

I agree that the opposition are weak, but do you honestly believe that if the opposition was the strongest possible that the Government would act differently?

It starts at the top, and the PM must lead. He does, but in the wrong direction. He can come out with all the bluster, sit at PMQ and shake his head but it doesn't change the fact that he's crashed the car into a ditch regarding Owen Paterson and he's driving the car toward the cliff edge now.
    I think you are misunderstanding my post, I am not defending Boris or the Tories they are useless but to win by a landslide proves that the opposition at the last election were pathetic.
    At this moment in time Labour or even the lib dems don't really have to do anything, just let the Tories stumble from one cock up to the next.
    The recent railway u-turn will lose Boris lots of the gains he made in the North of England last time at the next election.

I think you are misunderstanding my post, I am not defending Boris or the Tories they are useless but to win by a landslide proves that the opposition at the last election were pathetic.
    At this moment in time Labour or even the lib dems don't really have to do anything, just let the Tories stumble from one cock up to the next.
    The recent railway u-turn will lose Boris lots of the gains he made in the North of England last time at the next election.
    Sorry - yes, I see your point now.

I still think that no matter how strong the opposition, BJ would act no differently.

I also agree that the last election was won based on 'Get Brexit done', nothing more and nothing less.

BJ is too much 'say what the people want to hear' whether it's true or not. I suppose it proves the point that we are living in a post-truth society.

Yes, Labour at the last election were pathetic. But so were the Tories, where a serial liar who simply repeated "let's get Brexit done" seemed to appeal to many. We live in a democracy, so we have to abide by what the electorate decided. Too many see it as a choice between one or the other, but it doesn't have to be like that. Sadly, my vote at the last election went to the party most likely to keep the Tory candidate out rather than a party I supported. I didn't have faith in any of them, but I was convinced that giving Boris Johnson a big majority would be a disaster for the country. Nothing that has happened since has changed my mind in the slightest.

Page 119 of 307 FirstFirst ... 1969109117118119120121129169219 ... LastLast