+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 130 of 366 FirstFirst ... 3080120128129130131132140180230 ... LastLast
Results 1,291 to 1,300 of 3653

Thread: O/T:- Impressed with the leadership

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    Keir Starmer has claimed that "Labour is back", but I'm far from convinced.
    I should imagine even Starmer himself is far from convinced, despite his best efforts to use today's "shock" win to paper over the cracks. Labour hung on by the tightest of margins and I'm sure he's aware that without the actions of Prat Hancock he probably would have lost and would now be under even more pressure from the hard left than he is already. At some point he will have to commit himself to some actual policies, and the reason he's been stalling for so long is that he knows he'll upset one side of the party or the other - or both - whether he leans right, centre or left.

Quote Originally Posted by the_anticlough View Post
    Yes, Labour and Galloway combined had 57%. Interesting to see 'Yorkshire' come in 5th with over 2%. We might be looking at a border crossing with an independent Yorkshire before too long
    The word ‘traitor’ is used too much nowadays, but if anyone fits the bill, it’s that scum Galloway.

Quote Originally Posted by BigFatPie View Post
    The word ‘traitor’ is used too much nowadays, but if anyone fits the bill, it’s that scum Galloway.
    Or John Bercow.

Quote Originally Posted by jackal2 View Post
    Labour hung on by the tightest of margins and I'm sure he's aware that without the actions of Prat Hancock.
    But saying "without the actions of Prat Hancock he probably would have lost" is completely missing the point. It liars and cheats like Hancock that should be turning people away from the Tories in droves. I wouldn't encourage anyone to vote Labour because they are indeed a party in crisis, but that doesn't mean we should just blindly accept the bunch of corrupt incompetents currently in charge.

Quote Originally Posted by jackal2 View Post
    Or John Bercow.
    If your comparing Galloway’s toadying to dictators like Saddam Husain and Vladimir Putin and his support of terrorists to Bercow joining Labour I’m going to have to put that at no 1 of Jackal’s daft political posts.

I don’t apply the word ‘traitor’ to people leaving political parties but maybe you do.

But saying "without the actions of Prat Hancock he probably would have lost" is completely missing the point. It liars and cheats like Hancock that should be turning people away from the Tories in droves. I wouldn't encourage anyone to vote Labour because they are indeed a party in crisis, but that doesn't mean we should just blindly accept the bunch of corrupt incompetents currently in charge.
    Gove has been playing away from home during the pandemic, as well as breaking the law with dodgy contracts.

How did that bloke get one woman to f00k him, let alone two??!

If you're expecting me to defend Matt Hancock's actions you're barking up the wrong tree. Just because I'm a Conservative supporter doesn't mean I absolve errant Tory ministers from any criticism. For what it's worth, I came to the conclusion many weeks ago that the lockdown has gone on for far too long, and the fact that Hancock continued to preach restraint to the likes of us while clearly not believing in it or practicing it himself is hypocritical.

That doesn't mean I'm suddenly going to convert to being a Lib Dem or Labour supporter, because I'm a Conservative at heart (more so actually than some in the Government), but there's no doubt that Hancock became a liability the moment his actions were exposed and he had to go.

Quote Originally Posted by BigFatPie View Post
    If your comparing Galloway’s toadying to dictators like Saddam Husain and Vladimir Putin and his support of terrorists to Bercow joining Labour I’m going to have to put that at no 1 of Jackal’s daft political posts.
    A compliment indeed!

Why is the housing minister sticking his nose in about the wearing of face masks, does he feel left out and wants to be in the limelight?

Bunch of tosses - all of them!,

A banker has now been made health secretary and has used his undoubted expertise to decide that like flu we’re going to have to ‘live with’ COVID. Of course, he hasn’t put a number on the amount of excess deaths and hospitalisations he would find acceptable.

We’re been governed by lunatics.

Page 130 of 366 FirstFirst ... 3080120128129130131132140180230 ... LastLast