+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 22 of 366 FirstFirst ... 1220212223243272122 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T:- Impressed with the leadership

Quote Originally Posted by drillerpie View Post
    Did you read the Times article?
    No

There's one fundamental problem with the original question. It mentions the word "Leadership"

Frankly there hasn't been any leadership. There was ignorance and delay, followed by people like Rees-Mogg blatantly using it as an opportunity to make a profit, people like Jenrick telling people to do one thing then himself travelling all over in complete contrast to what he's telling others to do. The so-called daily briefings are useless in terms of public information, - complete spin doctored events where the appointed minister of the day doesn't actually answer the question posed.

Leadership there is not.

Quote Originally Posted by i961pie View Post
    This is unprecedented and Boris and his cronies are not experts in this, so rely on their advisors who are supposed to be medical experts.
    That is what any government would do in this situation so maybe the advice wasn't always correct.

I'm not certain Dominic Cummings is a medical expert - happy to be proven wrong though. Wouldn't want to think that thousands have lost their lives unnecessarily because the government didn't follow scientific advice at the outset and Johnson couldn't be arsed to turn up to briefings because he wanted a few long weekends at Chequers.

Quote Originally Posted by Mapperleypie View Post
    I'm not certain Dominic Cummings is a medical expert - happy to be proven wrong though. Wouldn't want to think that thousands have lost their lives unnecessarily because the government didn't follow scientific advice at the outset and Johnson couldn't be arsed to turn up to briefings because he wanted a few long weekends at Chequers.
    You have obviously made your mind up that it is all the fault of Boris, he asn't listened to any medical experts only Cummings.
    Even the BBC commented this morning that the PM would not attend the early meetings it would always be the health secretary.

Quote Originally Posted by Mapperleypie View Post
    Hyperbole, or auxesis ?

You have obviously made your mind up that it is all the fault of Boris, he asn't listened to any medical experts only Cummings.
    Even the BBC commented this morning that the PM would not attend the early meetings it would always be the health secretary.
    I'm not sure what you're saying here. Please correct me if I'm wrong, but you seem to be saying that any shortcomings are not the fault of the government, they are the fault of government advisors. So who appointed these government advisors?

It must have been Jeremy Corbyn, because despite having no authority, he's to blame for everything!

Moving on to a more pertinent topic, who is to blame for the GOVERNMENT failing to provide front line NHS workers with adequate PPE?
    Is it Boris Johnson & Co for being reactive rather than proactive, or is it once again down to those bloody government advisors?

Maybe you should ask Kate Sheehan to provide front line NHS workers with adequate PPE.

A despicable woman.

Quote Originally Posted by metrocab View Post
    Maybe you should ask Kate Sheehan to provide front line NHS workers with adequate PPE.

A despicable woman.
    Yep, one despicable woman means any government failings can be completely ignored.

At least it will make the Sun readers sleep better.

I think soccerman has got into your head about Jeremy Corbyn, I never mentioned the guy.
    Of course the government will take the blame for its shortcomings or failures and if they are proved to be incompetent they will pay the price.
    But at the moment it is the same people on here that hate the tories that are shouting the loudest, it is so predictable.
    And before you accuse me of being Soccerman or seriouspie in disguise I didn't vote for Boris.

I think soccerman has got into your head about Jeremy Corbyn, I never mentioned the guy.
    Of course the government will take the blame for its shortcomings or failures and if they are proved to be incompetent they will pay the price.
    But at the moment it is the same people on here that hate the tories that are shouting the loudest, it is so predictable.
    And before you accuse me of being Soccerman or seriouspie in disguise I didn't vote for Boris.
    You have made your position pretty clear, the government are basically blameless and it's their advisors who are at fault.

It must be nice to have a position of power, but very little accountability!

Page 22 of 366 FirstFirst ... 1220212223243272122 ... LastLast