+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 224 of 366 FirstFirst ... 124174214222223224225226234274324 ... LastLast
Results 2,231 to 2,240 of 3653

Thread: O/T:- Impressed with the leadership

It's nothing to do with being a sour loser that's long passed and not about the media either (most right wing papers have turned on him as well) It's about having a PM who has a basic grasp of decency, accountability, humility and honour. Not one who is self serving, condones ***ual predators to a job which is to look after ministers and who lies lies and lies again when it suits him. He's ALWAYS been like this, it's just he can't get away with it anymore being PM. I'm sick of hearing he got the vaccines and Ukraine right. They handled it probably worse than anyone else would have handled it, they didn't shut the flights and borders until weeks after they should have, we've got the most deaths in Europe and we're an island, we should have had the least. When people mention he's done well on that, no one mentions the excessive deaths caused by sick people going to old people's homes but of course he passed the buck on that one as well. That's what he does, finds a sycophant to fall on his sword then say well I didn't know about it. What you didn't know what your own ministers were doing??? That's even worse. Then there's the he's done well in Ukraine, what send weapons to them and use their PM to show he's a good guy? Any PM could send weapons to country he doesn't deliver them himself!

Also yes who are we going to get to take over, JRM who thinks we're all peasants there to serve him. Dorries who is clueless, Raab who is even worse. Patel is a sneak, where is she in all this, you don't see her sticking up for Boris on the TV rounds as she's not dumb but supports him in the background. She'll wait till he's definitely going before turning. Good to see her with an anti bullying pin on her jacket the other day when she's been proven to have bullied her own staff! They are sickening, all of them. Truss who condoned non military trained Britons to go to the Ukraine to fight, the list goes on. These are the people in charge? Jesus Christ we're ****ed.

This ^^^^^^

Last December I observed that despite showing some positive early signs that he might govern as a strong right-wing PM, Boris had lost the plot personally and politically. It more or less coincided with Dominic Cummings leaving No10 and has deteriorated ever since. A lot of politicians these days have no real core ideology or vision of what they're trying to achieve, because their only aim was ever "to reach the top". Even if they get there, this makes them totally reliant on advisors who may or may not have more of a sense of purpose.

Regardless of what your political views are, if you enter politics and seek high office, it should be because you've seen what you believe is wrong with the country/world and you're seeking power in order to change things. It's supposed to be a mission and a passion, not a 'career'. In that sense, Thatcher and Corbyn - though from opposite ends of the political scale - at least had a decent picture of what they wanted to achieve.

Quote Originally Posted by crazyfists View Post
    It's nothing to do with being a sour loser that's long passed and not about the media either (most right wing papers have turned on him as well) It's about having a PM who has a basic grasp of decency, accountability, humility and honour. Not one who is self serving, condones ***ual predators to a job which is to look after ministers and who lies lies and lies again when it suits him. He's ALWAYS been like this, it's just he can't get away with it anymore being PM. I'm sick of hearing he got the vaccines and Ukraine right. They handled it probably worse than anyone else would have handled it, they didn't shut the flights and borders until weeks after they should have, we've got the most deaths in Europe and we're an island, we should have had the least. When people mention he's done well on that, no one mentions the excessive deaths caused by sick people going to old people's homes but of course he passed the buck on that one as well. That's what he does, finds a sycophant to fall on his sword then say well I didn't know about it. What you didn't know what your own ministers were doing??? That's even worse. Then there's the he's done well in Ukraine, what send weapons to them and use their PM to show he's a good guy? Any PM could send weapons to country he doesn't deliver them himself!

Also yes who are we going to get to take over, JRM who thinks we're all peasants there to serve him. Dorries who is clueless, Raab who is even worse. Patel is a sneak, where is she in all this, you don't see her sticking up for Boris on the TV rounds as she's not dumb but supports him in the background. She'll wait till he's definitely going before turning. Good to see her with an anti bullying pin on her jacket the other day when she's been proven to have bullied her own staff! They are sickening, all of them. Truss who condoned non military trained Britons to go to the Ukraine to fight, the list goes on. These are the people in charge? Jesus Christ we're ****ed.
    Brilliant summary crazyfists. The thing I've noticed is the way his own party have turned against him. They all knew his actions were indefensible, but for a very long time they still stuck together. Once two big names jumped ship (with an eye to taking over) the trickle became a stream and then a torrent. They couldn't get out quick enough once they realised they were now backing a loser. So if they really "can't defend him any more", what has happened in the last two days to make them turn? The answer is nothing, just that a few have stuck their head above the parapet first and the rest have followed like sheep.

What an utterly disgusting bunch this government are, and sadly there is no credible opposition. For the first time in my life, I think a coalition government is the only way out of this mess. It should be formed on a PR basis, in the hope that there will be enough moderates out there to stop the extremists abusing a big majority like we have seen with this lot.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post

What an utterly disgusting bunch this government are, and sadly there is no credible opposition. For the first time in my life, I think a coalition government is the only way out of this mess. It should be formed on a PR basis, in the hope that there will be enough moderates out there to stop the extremists abusing a big majority like we have seen with this lot.
    We shouldn't forget that this Govt started with the coalition - it's the same rubbish in charge as when Cameron needed Lib Dem support to start this whole thing off with a coalition. It's the 13th year of consecutive tory rule with the same bunch of corrupt shysters.
    It's going to be a mess, and they might well devour themselves, but they're unlikely to give away power. It'll be 2 more years of Tory rule after Pfeffel goes (today is most likely) and the media will help them with the latest re-branding con to dupe us into thinking there's a new Government.
    Agree with you EP on PR. This might not be many years away, but it's many steps away. The country needs to get rid of the Tory-lites led by Starmar almost as much as the tories themselves. They'll resist PR up to the point the UK becomes totally ungovernable. That's when a new coalition will step in. How long will it take for everything to unravel to reach that point?

I do pity you lot. I don't generally comment on this post but I am bemused that Johnson is still in power so much so that I watched prime minsters question time after not watching it for some time. What a weak and feeble bunch the opposition are. There can be zero doubt that the current clan do not deserve any more chances and are morally bankrupt at best but the only decent comment was the conservative MP in the yellow tie I forget his name about half way through who asked Bozo if there were any circumstances at all under which he would resign. with opposition as weak as this who needs friends. You can do what you want. Keir Starmer comes across as weak and ineffective and does not command the despatch box at all. I am not defending Bozo but he comfortably hand balled away all of the criticism. Pathetic politics indeed all round.

It is fitting that the thing that's brought him down is a serial ***ual predator, who he was happy to promote to a position that is notorious for abuse of power (and karma for trying to taint Starmar with Savile).

If you voted for Pfeffel you can have no complaints if you're felt up at the back of the Pavis Stand. Only kidding, but just goes to show how alien these tories are from regular people. The people of Tamworth deserve better than be 'represented' by that.
    Last edited by the_anticlough; 07-07-2022 at 07:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by the_anticlough View Post
    It is fitting that the thing that's brought him down is a serial ***ual predator, who he was happy to promote to a position that is notorious for abuse of power (and karma for trying to taint Starmar with Savile).

If you voted for Pfeffel you can have no complaints if you're felt up at the back of the Pavis Stand. Only kidding, but just goes to show how alien these tories are from regular people. The people of Tamworth deserve better than be 'represented' by that.

Gone.

Many Conservative MPs resigning their (well-paid) Government positions, and talking about how important “integrity, honesty and trust” are to them. Why the change of tune? Where have they been for the last three years? They knew what De Pfeffel is. They are all guilty of supporting him despite knowing he is a liar, with nothing to offer but rule breaking, dishonesty, bluster and corruption.

Just as we needed to get rid of the worst Prime Minister in living memory, we need to get rid of his sycophants and enablers, and then reform our political system to prevent a recurrence. First Past The Post needs to be replaced by Proportional Representation. My vote, for example, should not be meaningless (Labour will win the seat whatever I vote). Does your vote affect who is in power? In a democracy, it should.

Quote Originally Posted by countygump View Post
    Gone.
    About time. like others I try to avoid political threads, but can't help that BJ's time as PM has probably done more to unite the people than he could ever have imagined.

Page 224 of 366 FirstFirst ... 124174214222223224225226234274324 ... LastLast