+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 24 of 366 FirstFirst ... 1422232425263474124 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T:- Impressed with the leadership

I worry that listening to the government at the moment is like listening to our previous two owners and reminds me why governments should not be put in charge of running anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Old_pie View Post
    I worry that listening to the government at the moment is like listening to our previous two owners and reminds me why governments should not be put in charge of running anything.
    You know Oldpie I was just thinking the same. They keep saying this or that will arrive today or tomorrow and it never turns up.
    Like Trew and Hardy telling us that a player will be signing in the next few days and nothing happens. They should keep stum and not make promises they can't keep.

Quote Originally Posted by seriouspie View Post
    The fact is - Boris and his lads are here for the long haul and the majority of ordinary Brits (the ones that count) want it that way.
    So who are the minority of ordinary Brits who don't count?

By the way, you do realise that the majority of Brits who voted didn't vote Conservative? No, of course you don't.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post

By the way, you do realise that the majority of Brits who voted didn't vote Conservative? No, of course you don't.
    How dare you use facts in a political discussion - Swale - ban this man immediately

UK decision not to participate in EU procurement of medical equipment and ventilators ‘political decision’. This word is used a lot nowadays, but it really is scandalous.

Impressed with leadership? Not much.

https://twitter.com/haynesdeborah/status/1252612727379505154?s=21
    Last edited by BigFatPie; 21-04-2020 at 04:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BigFatPie View Post
    UK decision not to participate in EU procurement of medical equipment and ventilators ‘political decision’. This word is used a lot nowadays, but it really is scandalous.

Impressed with leadership? Not much.

https://twitter.com/haynesdeborah/st...379505154?s=21
    Mr McDonald added: "The UK mission (to the European Union) briefed ministers about what was available, what was on offer and the decision is no."

"All I can say is, as a matter of fact, we have not taken part."

But this evening, Mr Hancock insisted that was not the case. "When we did receive an invitation, it was put up to me and we joined," he said, adding that the scheme hasn't delivered "a single item of PPE" so far....

Isn't there enough bloody misinformation without adding confusion to what surely must be a simple matter of fact?

And what's happening with the Turkey PPE, isn't there an RAF plane there? Have we been gazumped? Those Germans, always first to the beach, always first to the buffet - how do they do it?

1. Your lot

2. Really Einstein? Well if you say so fair enough but I don't recollect mentioning the number of Tory votes cast. Irrespective to me .... the
    important thing is winning. We even "won" when we had the worst Conservative PM in history call a snap election. Not any more, wait till
    Boris gets back and this plague gets manageable, then you'll soon see your lot are finished.

1. Your lot
    1. So who are my lot exactly? Are we the majority who didn't vote for a Conservative government? It's funny how a 52/48 majority is all important, but a bigger majority is dismissed (or in your case you prefer to pretend it didn't happen).

2. Really Einstein? Well if you say so fair enough but I don't recollect mentioning the number of Tory votes cast. Irrespective to me .... the important thing is winning. We even "won" when we had the worst Conservative PM in history call a snap election. Not any more, wait till Boris gets back and this plague gets manageable, then you'll soon see your lot are finished.
    2. See the reply to number 1. In my opinion the Tory government are still riding on a wave of "We're all in this together, this is not a time for political point scoring", but when the dust eventually settles they will be shown up for the bunch of utterly incompetent arseholes they are.

1. So who are my lot exactly? Are we the majority who didn't vote for a Conservative government? It's funny how a 52/48 majority is all important, but a bigger majority is dismissed (or in your case you prefer to pretend it didn't happen).
    It’s a majority Government, is that not simple enough? Comparing election numbers against a yes or no vote that we had in the referendum is not a feasible argument. I wonder how the voting would have gone had it been BoJo v Corbyn? My view is it would have been a landslide and a more dominant one sided Tory Government. Be thankful that is not the case and there are those from other parties that are able to argue and challenge in Parliament.

Quote Originally Posted by Notts78 View Post
    It’s a majority Government, is that not simple enough? Comparing election numbers against a yes or no vote that we had in the referendum is not a feasible argument. I wonder how the voting would have gone had it been BoJo v Corbyn? My view is it would have been a landslide and a more dominant one sided Tory Government. Be thankful that is not the case and there are those from other parties that are able to argue and challenge in Parliament.

If only winning a decent majority was some guarantee that a government would be any good at governing. This Tory government is the worst since the last one. I saw Tony Blair on tv this morning with clear, coherent strategies on how the current mess could somehow be mitigated.
    Anyone who doesn’t think he would still do a massively better job than the current idiot is smoking some serious sh!t.

Page 24 of 366 FirstFirst ... 1422232425263474124 ... LastLast