+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: O/T:- Impressed with the leadership

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    So, as an 18 year-old denied any sort of social life for well over a year, you would have decided to stay at home?

Give yourself a pat on the back for being soooooo responsible.
    Now you are you being argumentative for the sake of it (ah it’s Elite so) no-one as far as I know iis denying people a social life (did a social live only start on the 19th July) but that doesn’t absolve people from taking care of themselves and others.

We are not at home we are on holiday in the UK but like most others we meet up with are taking some personal responsibility.

Do you take care of yourselves and others Elite?

Quote Originally Posted by forwardmagpie View Post
    Now you are you being argumentative for the sake of it (ah it’s Elite so) no-one as far as I know iis denying people a social life (did a social live only start on the 19th July)?
    Covid restrictions denied people a social life. Now the restrictions are being lifted some youngsters are taking advantage by going to a nightclub. Those youngsters have been branded 'idiots' and 'irresponsible' by some on here. That's unfair, but I think people in their sixties have forgotten that they didn't think like a 60 year old when they were 18.

Quote Originally Posted by forwardmagpie View Post
    Do you take care of yourselves and others Elite?
    I try to follow the rules like most people do.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    Covid restrictions denied people a social life. Now the restrictions are being lifted some youngsters are taking advantage by going to a nightclub. Those youngsters have been branded 'idiots' and 'irresponsible' by some on here. That's unfair, but I think people in their sixties have forgotten that they didn't think like a 60 year old when they were 18.

I try to follow the rules like most people do.
    'Because you can doesn't mean you should'.

Back to the speed limit. If the Government said that they were lifting the restriction and you can drive at whatever speed you want on a motorway, which would be more responsible - taking advantage a little of the new freedom and driving safely at 80 / 90 or hitting 150 and putting yourself and others at far greater risk?

Why can't nightclubs etc restrict numbers and use an online ticketing system? It's not hard and would save the huge queues and absolutely packed venues.

Quote Originally Posted by magpie_mania View Post
    Back to the speed limit. If the Government said that they were lifting the restriction and you can drive at whatever speed you want on a motorway, which would be more responsible - taking advantage a little of the new freedom and driving safely at 80 / 90 or hitting 150 and putting yourself and others at far greater risk?
    I think you know as well as I do MM that in that scenario there would be people doing 150mph (AH springs to mind) that would put others lives at risk.

Where your action can directly put others lives at risk then sadly there need to be laws there to mitigate that.

The clubs are only open so Johnson could declare 'Freedom'. He could have legislated for capacity limits or a slower easing but chose not to as it did not fit his narrative. The blustering Worzel Gummidge tribute act could not give two shiny ones that it's potentially reckless, is likely to cause unnecessary deaths and that it will pit other people against each other.

Quote Originally Posted by magpie_mania View Post
    Why can't nightclubs etc restrict numbers and use an online ticketing system?
    I'm sure they could.

I think a gradual and controlled reopening of nightclubs might have been a good idea, but that wasn't what the government chose to do.