+ Visit Wolverhampton Wanderers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Roll Call?

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfiebill View Post
    Just signing in, as it were. It's a weird situation. I've never been "in a war", but I kind of think that's what were fighting here. However a lot of people in the UK haven't woken up yet. Social Distancing is a myth to a lot. Over crowded tube trains and masses of people heading for "holiday hotspots". People in my village seem very keen to keep their distance - long may it continue.
    Good to hear from you WB.

Sorry to read about your news Mich. My sincere condolences to you and your family.

Best wishes to all. Stay strong.

Quote Originally Posted by abbobrom View Post
    Keep safe Mich. Sorry to hear of your loss.
    Thanks, back home now.

I work in a school (not a teacher, but in charge of community partners and resources) and have alot of time on my hands. The school has 26 garden beds behind the building, so do keep myself busy, I plan on gardening back there and all produce going to families. Everything necessary (water, tools) is accessible from outside the building, so I don't have to worry about social interactions and contaminating the building or exposing myself.

I have taken advantage of the warm weather today to do a bit of gardening. Really warm in the sunshine this afternoon. However, the forecast is for cold weather over the weekend. I live in a village but the road outside is very quiet. Even the farm tractors, that seem to regularly trundle by, have slowed to a few. I have open fields at the back and there are a few dog walkers about. My wife is a teacher and she is attending school several days a week to help look after the children of essential workers. So far I still feel ok.

Who thought a few weeks ago when the news first broke about the virus in China, that we would be prisoners in our own homes? Stay safe everyone.

PS Just announced on the Midland News that the Police have broken up a barbeque today, that about 20 plus people were attending,. Irresponsible or what?

Boris Johnson the man who finally ended the DFS sale!

Quote Originally Posted by MichiganWolf View Post
    Thanks, back home now.

I work in a school (not a teacher, but in charge of community partners and resources) and have alot of time on my hands. The school has 26 garden beds behind the building, so do keep myself busy, I plan on gardening back there and all produce going to families. Everything necessary (water, tools) is accessible from outside the building, so I don't have to worry about social interactions and contaminating the building or exposing myself.
    Sounds like a very positive thing to do in the circumstances.

Quote Originally Posted by abbobrom View Post
    Boris Johnson the man who finally ended the DFS sale!
    The DFS sale... ongoing on line... a bit like cockroaches they'll still be here no matter what

I'm working from home now, approximately six weeks of work programmed then...

That's life though, the main thing is for us all to focus on squashing the spread of this virus, no matter what it takes or costs us financially. In the UK we're in the first week of a three week lockdown, sadly there are too many people not sticking to the rules I expect the lockdown to roll on for at least a couple of months and perhaps become more draconian.

Anyway I'm off out to the garden now make the most of the warm weather and dig out some ivy, another vegetable patch in the offing.

Good to hear that "generally" everyone is still ticking over as it were. Sorry to hear about your loss Mich.

We are still lucky here in The Woodlands, no lock down, most stores are still open, most restaurants are still open but take out only and best of all no sense of panic or acute crises. Every one is on their best behavior which helps a lot.

My days have kind of fell into a pattern. Walk up to "The Brooklyn Cafe" with my book for my breakfast Taco and Hazelnut Coffee. Spend about an hour sat outside, luckily the weather is really nice at the moment, mid 70s and breezy.

Come home, clean the house, tidy the kitchen, dig the bloody birds cage out, dirty sod! Out in the back yard with the dogs for a light lunch and another hour with a book.

Afternoon, a couple of hours upstairs in my office working on my stamp collection [anorak alert!!], while my cockatoo sits on my shoulder head banging to 70s rock courtesy of Youtube. Mid afternoon take the dogs for a walk on the local park, about an hour, and then across the road to the dog park to let them run wild for another hour.

Back to the house, do any shopping that is necessary then get the stuff ready for dinner which the enemy will cook when she gets home from work.

Post dinner, back up to the office, troll the internet for a while, watch a bit of UK TV, I don't think Utopia was a great choice last night, and then bed at 11,00.

Tomorrow repeat! Bloody boring my tits off!!

Staying at home will be a novelty for regular workers, but it will soon wear off and boredom will set in. I am fortunate that I have had a few years now to get used to staying at home. However, the weekends are still the worst with no sport. Stay safe everyone.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)