+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Teacher's salaries

Quote Originally Posted by toptoon View Post
    I taught english for a while. The worst for me was marking homework - hated that. My students were mostly 16 and over and well behaved. If I had to teach younger ones these days, I swear there’d be blood spilt on a daily basis.
    Just s question though - if the 2 mods above weren’t teachers would 5under1and have been banned so quickly? He was direct with his opinion but it smacks of a nerve having been struck.
    Fair question.

No, if anything, I thought more about it just to be sure I wasn't banning him because i felt it was a personal attack.

There's a difference between having an opinion like his (which, incidentally, was as far wide of the mark as you can get) and [posting the way he did. He hardly ever posts yet chooses to come on and have a go because it's obviously something which needles him? Was there any need at all? We've had enough issues recently with Pboro and his needling of posters-which he likes to claim is nothing but posting an unpopular opinion and the last thing we need is someone having a go for the sake of it.

This is going to be a long haul without football to talk about so why should we have to put up with people posting like that when everyone is worried and unsettled enough as it is?

Speaking honestly, no nerve has been struck in the semse that there is an underlying truth which I'm trying to cover up by banning him...because that's not the case at all. But-this is not a time when we need to be falling out with each other and why he chose to post like that is beyond me.

Quote Originally Posted by Zippity View Post
    It's a strange one. Maybe they earn their large salaries because there are far fewer dentists and because of the trust needed in their undoubted skills, etc, BUT I don't know enough about how much they earn, what hours they work or what sort of pressure they feel so, unlike some others on here, I'm not going to make sweeping and incorrect statements and proclaim them to be overpaid.

What I do know about is the vast amount of unpaid work teachers do until late in the evening almost every evening and always every weekend that isn't extra-the job couldn't be done without that.

Note, though, that I'm not complaining about either the hours or the pay-I absolutely love my job-the time I spend with my class I don't even see as work, I enjoy it that much. I'm lucky enough to work in the Primary sector where the pressures-and the behaviour-are very different from High school where Geordie is absolutely spot on about the lack of respect, albeit there are lots of really canny schools, too.
    I'm not claiming dentists are overpaid Zip, what I'm saying is compared to what they do, developing brain and mindskills, of children some of whom will become dentists, and what dentists do then comparatively teachers are grossly underpaid.
    Last edited by ex_pat_magpie; 18-03-2020 at 11:33 PM.

i'll chip my 4 penny worth in for what it's worth teachers , nurses and doctors are paid by the public purse . dentists are as well but also work for the private money .footballers are subject to private pennies and private money creates competition
    when they privatised the railway drivers money shot up , the companies promised the world but in doing so created a driver shortage so you had a battle with drivers going to the big money a train driver gets between 45 to 50 thousand for a 36 hour week

Quote Originally Posted by ronandtet View Post
    i'll chip my 4 penny worth in for what it's worth teachers , nurses and doctors are paid by the public purse . dentists are as well but also work for the private money .footballers are subject to private pennies and private money creates competition
    when they privatised the railway drivers money shot up , the companies promised the world but in doing so created a driver shortage so you had a battle with drivers going to the big money a train driver gets between 45 to 50 thousand for a 36 hour week
    Which begs the question. Are train drivers worth twice as much as bus drivers ?

Never ending argument.

Quote Originally Posted by Kal View Post
    Which begs the question. Are train drivers worth twice as much as bus drivers ?

Never ending argument.
    the ability of a person and the value of the job can't be compared because there is so much disparity in this world
    does the chief executive of a tin pot council deserve a greater wage than the prime minister

the ability of a person and the value of the job can't be compared because there is so much disparity in this world
    Indeed.

Quote Originally Posted by Zippity View Post
    It's a strange one. Maybe they earn their large salaries because there are far fewer dentists and because of the trust needed in their undoubted skills, etc, BUT I don't know enough about how much they earn, what hours they work or what sort of pressure they feel so, unlike some others on here, I'm not going to make sweeping and incorrect statements and proclaim them to be overpaid.

What I do know about is the vast amount of unpaid work teachers do until late in the evening almost every evening and always every weekend that isn't extra-the job couldn't be done without that.

Note, though, that I'm not complaining about either the hours or the pay-I absolutely love my job-the time I spend with my class I don't even see as work, I enjoy it that much. I'm lucky enough to work in the Primary sector where the pressures-and the behaviour-are very different from High school where Geordie is absolutely spot on about the lack of respect, albeit there are lots of really canny schools, too.
    I'd be fired my first day as a teacher,I have no tolerance for mouthy little (and big) ****agers. Gone are the days of schoolkids having a fear of the repercussions of their behaviour.

My last overseas job daily rate was £700 a day and my son has just finished a wind farm project in Northern Germany on €1500 a day

Obscene wages for electricians when you consider how much time and studying a teacher and a nurse have to do.

does the chief executive of a tin pot council deserve a greater wage than the prime minister
    Footballer’s and boxing agents?????

always remember think it was 63 lived west denton but went walbottle woke up one morning - snow- no bus- walked all the way a foot of snow.what was amazing was our biology teacher came in and he lived in hexham - talk about dedication to job

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)