+ Visit Motherwell FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wages

Wages

I note that Ann Budge has offered all the staff at Tynecastle a 50% cut in wages or a termination option. No doubt other clubs, including ours, will have to consider similar cost cutting measures sooner or later.

50% is a hell of a chunk to start with and I'm not particularly impressed she's taking the same rate from Joe Bloggs in the office as the players earning thousands a month.

I'm sure we'll be considering options but I certainly hope we come up with something better than that.

Maybe our top six money will ease the problem?

It won't be paid until the season is resolved.

Borussia Moenchengladbach have become the first major team in Germany where the highly paid have voluntarily agreed to wage cuts to protect the income and jobs of the less well off in the club.

Quote Originally Posted by Handsome_Devil View Post
    50% is a hell of a chunk to start with and I'm not particularly impressed she's taking the same rate from Joe Bloggs in the office as the players earning thousands a month.

I'm sure we'll be considering options but I certainly hope we come up with something better than that.
    Indeed. Lowest paid staff should not be included. The top 6 usuually get a payout after the split, all based on finishing 6th. Additional place money is then given to them at the season's end. Bottom 6 get their payment at the season's end. I see that Hearts are planning a clearout in the summer anyway, so this is maybe just a ploy to get shot of unwanted players on the cheap. Hearts are Scotland's biggest club why are they in this mess?

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.c...impact-2502272

Fair or otherwise, it's hard not to suspect Budge/Hearts are 'at it' here. But I guess that's why millionaires are millionaires.

Also curious as to what the Foundation of Hearts makes of their approach...I think I would find it very hard to continue in the Well Society if we adopted such a policy, certainly without a vote of the full membership at least.

Quote Originally Posted by Handsome_Devil View Post
    https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.c...impact-2502272

Fair or otherwise, it's hard not to suspect Budge/Hearts are 'at it' here. But I guess that's why millionaires are millionaires.

Also curious as to what the Foundation of Hearts makes of their approach...I think I would find it very hard to continue in the Well Society if we adopted such a policy, certainly without a vote of the full membership at least.
    Hearts have been a badly run club for a long time. From Robinson, who wanted to merge with Hibs, to Vlad, to Budge and the Cathro- Levine, Levine, Stendahl fiascos.

They paid too much for dross players.

They're lucky to have had the fans put in millions to fund this ****show. They don't have control until they buy out the last of Budge so not like us that much.

I accept that financially we are under severe pressure at this time.

https://www.afc.co.uk/2020/03/23/afc...-the-chairman/

Aberdeen laying the groundwork for what you imagine will be considerable unpleasantness.

No surprise to see the following sentiment expressed in the Aberdeen statement -

“This situation is clearly unsustainable. No club, whatever their size, scale or level of investment, can withstand a total lack of income over a period of anything between three to six months.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)