+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T Work and a hobby.

O/T Work and a hobby.

As I work at a college I won’t be going to work much for the foreseeable future. I’ll go in a couple of times a week to ensure my vulnerable and EHCP larners are ok ok but best case scenario is 3 months. Could be up to 6.

I’m going to need a hobby. Golf maybe? I hate fishing. Any suggestions?
    Last edited by CAMiller; 18-03-2020 at 10:40 PM.

Get a dog and take it for a walk

Grandkids for me . And giant dog .shooting club.
    Get up to speed on cooking. Endless time
    Saves on decorating. 😣

Quote Originally Posted by crashbang View Post
    Grandkids for me . And giant dog .shooting club.
    Get up to speed on cooking. Endless time
    Saves on decorating. 😣
    I do spend loads of time with one grandson. The other one is only 5 days old. Not my department yet

Dogs are not for me. I’ve been bitten about 20 times. They seem to hate me.

I cook all the time. Today I made a homemade Chinese chicken and sweet corn soup and I boiled a gammon in dandelion and burdock before glazing it with honey and mustard and roasting.

Plenty left over for a chicken and gammon pie tomorrow.

[QUOTE=Scum-Triumphant;39459599]As I work at a college I won’t be going to work much for the foreseeable future. I’ll go in a couple of times a week to ensure my vulnerable and EHCP larners are ok ok but best case scenario is 3 months. Could be up to 6.

I’m going to need a hobby. Golf maybe? I hate fishing. Any suggestions?[/QUOTE

Now then pal, I've recently retired and had previously contemplated extending my patio area so, just on a whim the other day, I hired the necessary gear and demolished two walls. I now have the job of digging out approx 15-20 square yards and it's 4-5 feet deep! All on the shovel as I have an enclosed rear property.

SO, if you're at a loose end with nowt to do on certain days, pop round and give us a hand digging this lot out.

Now then pal, I've recently retired and had previously contemplated extending my patio area so, just on a whim the other day, I hired the necessary gear and demolished two walls. I now have the job of digging out approx 15-20 square yards and it's 4-5 feet deep! All on the shovel as I have an enclosed rear property.

SO, if you're at a loose end with nowt to do on certain days, pop round and give us a hand digging this lot out.
    Are you related to Fred West?

Quote Originally Posted by CAMiller View Post
    Are you related to Fred West?
    CAM, tut tut ...very bad taste go and stand in a corner and face the wall.

UKelele. Loads of free songs and vids on the internet. Maybe a new language? Board games good inside if you have family to play with. Catan is a great game along with ticket to ride.

Outside. Walking a dog a good idea, You could also take up hiking/ cycling/ jogging if you want summat more physical and avoiding peoples coughs in confined spaces.
    Last edited by rolymiller; 18-03-2020 at 10:49 PM.

I'm in the house all day alone, have a laptop and only one good hand. Any suggestions?

I’ll pass on the labourer offer thanks Brin. I’ll be round when it’s finished.

A new language is a cracking idea. I think I’d like to learn Spanish.

I’ve always fancied learning the banjo as well.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast