+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T Heroes and Villains

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    Apparently the Abu Dhabi National Exhibitions Company who own the the ExCel centre in London are charging the NHS £2-3m per month rental for the new Nightingale Hospital site!

In the meantime a 92 year old woman in Oldham has been robbed of everything by two scammers who knocked on her door to say that her neighbour had died of Covid-19 and, as a result, her own house needed a ‘deep clean’. They offered to complete the ‘clean’ themselves and used the time to steal all her belongings.

It seems ‘villains’ or maybe just ‘scum’ take all sorts of varied forms. Where’s karma when you want it...again?
    Don't worry, whilst the Police are busy breaking up joggers and dog walkers.
    Their best team have got this one in hand. Case cracked in 20 mins.

Brief descriptions of the pair have been released.

One is described as having an olive-skin complexion.

The other was wearing a bobble hat

Quote Originally Posted by Trickytreesreds View Post
    Don't worry, whilst the Police are busy breaking up joggers and dog walkers.
    Their best team have got this one in hand. Case cracked in 20 mins.

Brief descriptions of the pair have been released.

One is described as having an olive-skin complexion.

The other was wearing a bobble hat
    Tbf, Tricky...the description is likely to have come from a distressed 92 year old.

To be fair, I don't believe the bobble hat. Don't all northerners wear flat caps?

Tbf, Tricky...the description is likely to have come from a distressed 92 year old.
    Probably, but not much chance of catching these scum bags is there?

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff Parkstone View Post
    To be fair, I don't believe the bobble hat. Don't all northerners wear flat caps?
    Yep and have whippets.
    Thieves tend to cosh you over the head with a black pudding.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ko0U7UjP_6g

We need a prominent web based "name and shame" facility where, if identified, these *******s can be listed for all society to see.

You can also add the two people recently jailed for the new crime of malicious coughing (who'd have believed that crime would exist this time last year). But at a time when prisoners are being released early to reduce social interaction etc, does it make sense to put coughing criminals in a confined space with others. Mind you they might only do it once before they may no longer be able to breathe, let alone cough 😉

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff Parkstone View Post
    We need a prominent web based "name and shame" facility where, if identified, these *******s can be listed for all society to see.
    ...and then shot?

Indeed...we absolutely do. That’s really why I started this thread, although I accept that ‘prominent’ is not the first adjective that springs to mind when describing ‘footymad’.

Apparently the Abu Dhabi National Exhibitions Company who own the the ExCel centre in London are charging the NHS £2-3m per month rental for the new Nightingale Hospital site!
    Offset by Mrs Fs company who as well as furloughing/laying off zero staff worldwide have offered every spare piece of their very important kit and every contracted piece of kit as it comes off contract to the govt free of charge For as long as they want it, and, to quote the CEO off the record the other day ‘**** profit for now’ . Two differences with the above. First it’s a manufacturing company not a making money from money company, and second it’s based (and always has been) in UK.
    Last edited by Andy_Faber; 05-04-2020 at 02:23 PM.

In the meantime a 92 year old woman in Oldham has been robbed of everything by two scammers who knocked on her door to say that her neighbour had died of Covid-19 and, as a result, her own house needed a ‘deep clean’. They offered to complete the ‘clean’ themselves and used the time to steal all her belongings.

It seems ‘villains’ or maybe just ‘scum’ take all sorts of varied forms. Where’s karma when you want it...again?
    Where did you get this from RA?

I thought it was shocking and googled it. Apparently, they're NOT charging any rent to the NHS and they're paying the running costs also.

We should be careful about slagging off people or companies without knowing the facts.

Quote Originally Posted by Ram59 View Post
    Where did you get this from RA?

I thought it was shocking and googled it. Apparently, they're NOT charging any rent to the NHS and they're paying the running costs also.

We should be careful about slagging off people or companies without knowing the facts.
    I actually agree with RA, they shouldn't be doing that at all.
    Money to pay the running costs etc, then of course but not profit.

I would like to slag these foreign owners off, but I'd only get called xenophobic or a little Englander.

Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)