+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: O/T:- Front of my land bulldozed today

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    It was a joke.

Lighten up shipmate.
    Finding it difficult when the end of the world is nigh. Could be worse I suppose, might have bumped into Laddo when I went for a pint.

This is grim. Hope you're ok, Tarquin.

Tarquin, I’ve always enjoyed your post & can see your a very decent person, I wish you well in the future, stay safe !

Let's lighten the mood everyone.....they ain't been back.....yet.

My last words to Ecologica truck 70 was "I don't mind paying privately for a couple of his guys to trim my/their trees with machetes, but no heavy machinery".....the mention of dinero here usually works....he asked me if I was "Americano.....mucho dinero?" and looked disappointed when I said "Ingles, no mucho dinero"....he started to trudge off as I had a brainwave " dinero en libre cervezas manaña" which I think means money and free beers tomorrow?.....things looked hopeful as he turned, smiled and said "possible"

They ain't been back yet as I sat all afternoon without my normal English radio diet (weird in the middle of Mexico) of Radio Ga Ga, Livin' on a Prayer and Thunderstruck all afternoon, worrying I might miss the dozers returning.

Told this story to my mate Dickie in Tennessee, who's offered to bring a Harley biker gang of "good ole, boys" down plus a guarantee of a drone strike by his "personal buddy, Trump"....he makes me laugh......he sent me this that made me smile, saying "you Nottingham English guys are crazy anyway man, play this at full volume through the hotel loudspeakers until we get there".....enjoy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Af0P6XEkI7Y

Quote Originally Posted by tarquinbeech View Post
    Let's lighten the mood everyone.....they ain't been back.....yet.

My last words to Ecologica truck 70 was "I don't mind paying privately for a couple of his guys to trim my/their trees with machetes, but no heavy machinery".....the mention of dinero here usually works....he asked me if I was "Americano.....mucho dinero?" and looked disappointed when I said "Ingles, no mucho dinero"....he started to trudge off as I had a brainwave " dinero en libre cervezas manaña" which I think means money and free beers tomorrow?.....things looked hopeful as he turned, smiled and said "possible"

They ain't been back yet as I sat all afternoon without my normal English radio diet (weird in the middle of Mexico) of Radio Ga Ga, Livin' on a Prayer and Thunderstruck all afternoon, worrying I might miss the dozers returning.

Told this story to my mate Dickie in Tennessee, who's offered to bring a Harley biker gang of "good ole, boys" down plus a guarantee of a drone strike by his "personal buddy, Trump"....he makes me laugh......he sent me this that made me smile, saying "you Nottingham English guys are crazy anyway man, play this at full volume through the hotel loudspeakers until we get there".....enjoy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Af0P6XEkI7Y
    3 great songs there Tarqs. Could have them blasting out the van all day long

Quote Originally Posted by irishpete View Post
    3 great songs there Tarqs. Could have them blasting out the van all day long
    Jesus wept ..... well beyond me and glad it is!

Quote Originally Posted by seriouspie View Post
    Jesus wept ..... well beyond me and glad it is!
    You sound like my owd man in the 80s. All I got was "that's not music"

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123