+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: No answer to that.

Quote Originally Posted by 1959_60 View Post
    I've been making the most of the lovely weather today by pottering in the garden.

We are risking it an going up to the Lakes on Saturday to tackle Base Brown. No visit to the pub afterwards but we will take a packed dinner.
    Base Brown, that's one I never got round to, have a good day mon ami.

Quote Originally Posted by Balanbam00 View Post
    Or you could play music of your choice,and impersonate the young lad in 'Karate Kid',''all in the wrist, up,down,up down,long stroke! Maybe think of it as your creativity moments. :-)
    I'm on it balan, I normally do any painting when Mrs S is out, so I can play music at full blast, it makes the painting almost tolerable, but I can't do that when she's in residence, as she is permanently now. After much trial and error my 'painting music' of choice has been narrowed down to two and I don't mind which, anything by Wagner or My Chemical Romance makes the paint flow smoother.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    The Child Bride hauled me off to B & Q this morning. 25 litres of phooking Vinyl Silk Emulsion for the hallway, dining room and kitchen. I'm phooked!

The monumental decision has been taken to finally retire, I've put a good shift in, the Dry Powder Room is adequately stocked. Enough is enough I think. I'm actually enjoying spending some quality time with the rather nice human being that happens to be my wife.
    Bloody hell BT, you've sacked off the Labour Party and working for a living as well. You're almost a new man, why not go the whole hog, have you thought about joining the Conservative Party ?

sinkov : I see u r suffering,but we have hope.Just like this corona stuff,it comes and it will go,such a mess,(the Hebrew word here for mess= ''balagan''. .What about somehow buying Mrs S, say for her coming birthday present ,or ''for the spring, '' some of those latest super Wi-Fi,High-quality noise cancellation, deluxe padded Headset, for example, she can sit near the fireplace/heater,or even in bed,with a coffee and cakes you have brought for her.Listening to her hearts content. Not even knowing that the world exists? Then there you go, splash away to your hearts content with Wagner,and his "musical dramas and melodic ideas" etc.

BT: What is it with British males ? Thinking the end of the world is coming ,''I'm phooked!'' Did Nelson, on seeing the Spanish fleet approaching utter the same words? Or Roger Bannister after breaking the 4 min barrier? No, of course not, Roger said ''However ordinary each of us may seem, we are all in some way special, and can do things that are extraordinary, perhaps until then…even thought impossible.” Does S D when seeing Man City or United,comment ''we're phooked!'' Use that brain ,its been dormant these last couple of months,so what! Soon or almost as we write ,thousands will be out of work needing cash! Surely some or so desperate, desperate for a few pennies and will do anything? There you are problem solved! And always tomorrow will be another day.

Quote Originally Posted by Supersub6 View Post
    Happy retirement BT. It is 11 years since I retired and I never have a spare moment and enjoy life to the full without all the hassle of running a business. All my mates said that I would never settle down to retirement ---how wrong they were!
    Thanks Supersub6. I think you know when it's time. My time has come.

Quote Originally Posted by Balanbam00 View Post
    BT: What is it with British males ? Thinking the end of the world is coming ,''I'm phooked!'' Did Nelson, on seeing the Spanish fleet approaching utter the same words? Or Roger Bannister after breaking the 4 min barrier? No, of course not, Roger said ''However ordinary each of us may seem, we are all in some way special, and can do things that are extraordinary, perhaps until then…even thought impossible.” Does S D when seeing Man City or United,comment ''we're phooked!'' Use that brain ,its been dormant these last couple of months,so what! Soon or almost as we write ,thousands will be out of work needing cash! Surely some or so desperate, desperate for a few pennies and will do anything? There you are problem solved! And always tomorrow will be another day.
    I meant I'm phooked for the foreseeable future Balan. Paint brushes, paint rollers and dust covers for the next couple of weeks will be my lot! Jesus Christ Balan I'm English we never give up - EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    Bloody hell BT, you've sacked off the Labour Party and working for a living as well. You're almost a new man, why not go the whole hog, have you thought about joining the Conservative Party ?
    Joining the Tory Party will never be an option for me sinkov.

BT: Oh ! as the Red Indians say, ''man speak with forked tongue! White man says, ( just not much sunshine there !) Very confused man, say 'I'm phooked!''Next minute says, ''Jesus Christ Balan I'm English we never give up - EVER!
    ''Must never join a Bridge club ,or play 'Black Jack' in Las Vegas then!
    Note,
    If so much bankruptcy in Las Vegas,better now call it Los Vegas,Los being short for Lost

Balan, trying to argue with the Child Bride is about as futile as the good folks of Gaza trying to get a flight out of Gaza City.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)