+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: No answer to that.

No answer to that.

Now that I'm under virtual house arrest, to pass the time on I've had to volunteer to get some painting jobs done around the house, I hate painting, how some people can do it for a living I've no idea. This morning I came upon a bit that looked simple enough but it turned out quite tricky, I moaned to Mrs S, 'I thought that bit would take me five minutes, it's taken me over half an hour'. 'What's your problem', she replied, 'You've got plenty of time'. I had to laugh because I had no answer to that, she's right, I've got days and days of painting stretching ahead of me, and I fecking hate it.

What's everyone else doing to pass their time on, or are there some posters who can just carry on as normal ?

It could be worse sinkov, just think it took, Michelangelo four years to paint the frescoed ceiling in the Sistine Chapel. The artist worked between the years 1508 and 1512 on the ceiling.Or you could play music of your choice,and impersonate the young lad in 'Karate Kid',''all in the wrist, up,down,up down,long stroke! Maybe think of it as your creativity moments. :-)

In between going for long walks in the countryside as advised as long as you stay 3 meters away from others,I will be doing my share of painting both inside and outside.. We will also be going to the seaside with our cycles to do some lovely promenade rides ..

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    Now that I'm under virtual house arrest, to pass the time on I've had to volunteer to get some painting jobs done around the house, I hate painting, how some people can do it for a living I've no idea. This morning I came upon a bit that looked simple enough but it turned out quite tricky, I moaned to Mrs S, 'I thought that bit would take me five minutes, it's taken me over half an hour'. 'What's your problem', she replied, 'You've got plenty of time'. I had to laugh because I had no answer to that, she's right, I've got days and days of painting stretching ahead of me, and I fecking hate it.

What's everyone else doing to pass their time on, or are there some posters who can just carry on as normal ?
    The Child Bride hauled me off to B & Q this morning. 25 litres of phooking Vinyl Silk Emulsion for the hallway, dining room and kitchen. I'm phooked!

The monumental decision has been taken to finally retire, I've put a good shift in, the Dry Powder Room is adequately stocked. Enough is enough I think. I'm actually enjoying spending some quality time with the rather nice human being that happens to be my wife.

Happy retirement BT, I retired at 50 and have now been retired 19 yrs and the dry powder room gets fuller and fuller now my wife has got her state pension..

Quote Originally Posted by alfinyalcabo View Post
    Happy retirement BT, I retired at 50 and have now been retired 19 yrs and the dry powder room gets fuller and fuller now my wife has got her state pension..
    Thanks Alf. I've been mulling it over for quite a while, but I like the dosh and I enjoy work, but the time to call it a day is now.

Quote Originally Posted by Balanbam00 View Post
    It could be worse sinkov, just think it took, Michelangelo four years to paint the frescoed ceiling in the Sistine Chapel. The artist worked between the years 1508 and 1512 on the ceiling.Or you could play music of your choice,and impersonate the young lad in 'Karate Kid',''all in the wrist, up,down,up down,long stroke! Maybe think of it as your creativity moments. :-)
    How the hell could somebody spend 4 years painting a ceiling.He deserves to be famous for doing that!!

what am I doing - am building a Time Machine....been laughing at lot at the same thing of recent...and need some different subject matter, we still want a laugh - so have decided where we should go...are going back to 69....watch the moon landing Live...you know, that other "one giant lie for mankind"" - filmed in a studio in Nevada or wherever !

Happy retirement BT. It is 11 years since I retired and I never have a spare moment and enjoy life to the full without all the hassle of running a business. All my mates said that I would never settle down to retirement ---how wrong they were!

Quote Originally Posted by Norder View Post

what am I doing - am building a Time Machine....been laughing at lot at the same thing of recent...and need some different subject matter, we still want a laugh - so have decided where we should go...are going back to 69....watch the moon landing Live...you know, that other "one giant lie for mankind"" - filmed in a studio in Nevada or wherever !

I wondered where he had gone! Name:  100_2434.jpg
Views: 270
Size:  96.7 KB

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)