+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T:- Box sets

Mad dogs.

Quote Originally Posted by BigFatPie View Post
    Yeah forgot about Mindhunter, especially series 1. Just in the middle of series 4 of Narcos. Escobar was one cool drug lord.

Watched a fair bit on Netflix, can’t remember half of em though.
    Escobar was never "cool", all he did was trade in misery and death.

In order (IMO) and where they can be streamed...will be working through/back through some of these whilst working from home over the next few weeks.

The Soprano's (Now TV)
    Boardwalk Empire (Now TV)
    Breaking Bad (Netflix)
    Man in the High Castle (Amazon prime)
    Line of Duty (Netflix)
    Altered Carbon (Netflix)
    Better Call Saul (Netflix)
    Walking Dead (Now TV)
    Westworld (Now TV)
    Mr Mercedes (Starz)
    Castle Rock (Starz)
    Stranger Things (Netflix)
    Narcos (Netflix)
    Ozark (Netflix)
    Game of Thrones (Now TV)

Must admit that I have a very short attention span when watching TV, so watch very little. The last film I watched in one go was The Inbetweeners second one, and even when I've been on long haul flights when there is little to do I've struggled to watch a whole film. On the way to Mexico and back I watched the first series of 'The Good Place' and enjoyed it. To pass the time I downloaded Fleabag, Plebs, and David Attenborough wildlife programmes to watch on my ipad to pass the time. It looks like I might be housebound for a few weeks, so any suggestions on something short to watch are welcome.

Quote Originally Posted by Bartlett's Dust View Post
    In order (IMO) and where they can be streamed...will be working through/back through some of these whilst working from home over the next few weeks.

The Soprano's (Now TV)
    Boardwalk Empire (Now TV)
    Breaking Bad (Netflix)
    Man in the High Castle (Amazon prime)
    Line of Duty (Netflix)
    Altered Carbon (Netflix)
    Better Call Saul (Netflix)
    Walking Dead (Now TV)
    Westworld (Now TV)
    Mr Mercedes (Starz)
    Castle Rock (Starz)
    Stranger Things (Netflix)
    Narcos (Netflix)
    Ozark (Netflix)
    Game of Thrones (Now TV)
    Boardwalk Empire, another good un, Walking Dead as well.

Quote Originally Posted by BigFatPie View Post
    You watching Better Call Saul Sinbad? Different to BB but nearly as good.
    Having watched and enjoyed both, BFP, I'd say BCS is as good if not better. Did you see 'El Camino'? think it's on Netflix, it's the 'final episode' to Breaking Bad. Well worth a watch. Find out True Detective, Series 1 from 2014 iffon you can, one of the best things I've seen on TV for a while.

Wayward Pines.
    Westworld.
    Castle Rock.

All worth a watch.

https://popcorntime.app/
    Last edited by countygump; 19-03-2020 at 08:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by countygump View Post
    Having watched and enjoyed both, BFP, I'd say BCS is as good if not better. Did you see 'El Camino'? think it's on Netflix, it's the 'final episode' to Breaking Bad. Well worth a watch. Find out True Detective, Series 1 from 2014 iffon you can, one of the best things I've seen on TV for a while.

Wayward Pines.
    Westworld.
    Castle Rock.

All worth a watch.

Wayward Pines, enjoyed. Loved the dropped ice cream on Better Call Saul.

Babylon Berlin.

Quote Originally Posted by countygump View Post

Wayward Pines.
    Westworld.
    Castle Rock.

All worth a watch.

If you like Breaking Bad / Sopranos type of thing please try Gomorrah (Sky). Its the best. It's about the Italian mafiosa, the Camorra, in Napoli. Absolutely the best TV series out. The original film was a little low budget, but the series on Sky is well worth it and set in the sails, an infamous sector of Napoli. Subtitled, but dialect is proper Neopolitana and loosely follows real life events as detailed in Roberto Saviano's classic (which is a riveting good read as well now we have time to burn on a Saturday).

Also, just watched Romanoffs on Amazon Prime. Really well made and strange series. Each episode is a story in itself, and different actors throughout. Each story is quite different and builds up as it goes on. Very different to the norm and a series I really enjoyed and recommend.

Quote Originally Posted by MagicBoots View Post
    If you like Breaking Bad / Sopranos type of thing please try Gomorrah (Sky). Its the best. It's about the Italian mafiosa, the Camorra, in Napoli. Absolutely the best TV series out. The original film was a little low budget, but the series on Sky is well worth it and set in the sails, an infamous sector of Napoli. Subtitled, but dialect is proper Neopolitana and loosely follows real life events as detailed in Roberto Saviano's classic (which is a riveting good read as well now we have time to burn on a Saturday).

Also, just watched Romanoffs on Amazon Prime. Really.be a millionaire. wonn 500 grand the ohter night,old programmes of who wants to well made and strange series. Each episode is a story in itself, and different actors throughout. Each story is quite different and builds up as it goes on. Very different to the norm and a series I really enjoyed and recommend.

Just watch who wants to be a millionaire, I won 500 grand the other night, wel, I was watching in bed.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast