+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T:- Box sets

If you can find them anywhere?
    Childhood's End, old but to the left of weird.
    TV serialisation of Stephen King's 'The Stand'. Most everyone on the planet is wiped out by an escaped flu virus they nickname 'Captain Trips'.
    Falling Skies.
    Picnic at Hanging Rock.

Blimey! Shows how little TV I watch usually. Not only have I not watched any of these recommendations, I've never heard of most of them.

Since self-isolating from Sunday I've been working my way through Peaky Blinders on iPlayer. Something else I missed first time around.

Quote Originally Posted by MagicBoots View Post
    If you like Breaking Bad / Sopranos type of thing please try Gomorrah (Sky). Its the best. It's about the Italian mafiosa, the Camorra, in Napoli. Absolutely the best TV series out. The original film was a little low budget, but the series on Sky is well worth it and set in the sails, an infamous sector of Napoli. Subtitled, but dialect is proper Neopolitana and loosely follows real life events as detailed in Roberto Saviano's classic (which is a riveting good read as well now we have time to burn on a Saturday).

Also, just watched Romanoffs on Amazon Prime. Really well made and strange series. Each episode is a story in itself, and different actors throughout. Each story is quite different and builds up as it goes on. Very different to the norm and a series I really enjoyed and recommend.
    Gomorrah is quite possibly the best series made for a long time, just brilliant.

Quote Originally Posted by countygump View Post
    Having watched and enjoyed both, BFP, I'd say BCS is as good if not better. Did you see 'El Camino'? think it's on Netflix, it's the 'final episode' to Breaking Bad. Well worth a watch. Find out True Detective, Series 1 from 2014 iffon you can, one of the best things I've seen on TV for a while.

Wayward Pines.
    Westworld.
    Castle Rock.

All worth a watch.

https://popcorntime.app/
    Yep, watched El Camino, very good. I’m a full on nerd for all things BB so I lapped it up., Series 1 of True Detective is fantastic, haven’t got round to the other series yet.

I’ll keep an eye out for the others, it could be a long few weeks.

I meant to watch Gomorrah before, and it had completely slipped out of my brain - thanks for the reminder, and the other things to look into on here.

I'm going to echo Bushwacka - anyone who has The Sopranos and The Wire as the top two deserves listening to in my book.

Seriously, if you've not seen The Wire, give it a go. It's often slow burn, I remember wondering what the fuss was all about for the first two episodes, by the time I'd watched the third I was absolutely hooked. Watch them, then we can have a mass NCM argument on which of the first four seasons is the best one...

The lefty in me means I could watch the West Wing round and round pretty much forever. Also, if you have a slightly warped sense of humour, not enough people watched Green Wing back when it was on channel four 😃

A few more worth a mention.

Bosch
    Goliath
    The Man in the High Tower
    Vikings

All on Amazon Prime.

Godless
    The Last Kingdom
    Sons of Anarchy
    Collateral
    Top of the Lake
    The Sinner

All on Netflix.

The Night of, on Amazon prime is an excellent mini series.
    Netflix has plenty mentioned here already but you can add:
    Orphan Black
    The OA

Theres even Cobra Kai on Youtube although my favourite Youtube show is Wayne, shame it got cancelled.

Quote Originally Posted by pingu_pie View Post
    I meant to watch Gomorrah before, and it had completely slipped out of my brain - thanks for the reminder, and the other things to look into on here.

I'm going to echo Bushwacka - anyone who has The Sopranos and The Wire as the top two deserves listening to in my book.

Seriously, if you've not seen The Wire, give it a go. It's often slow burn, I remember wondering what the fuss was all about for the first two episodes, by the time I'd watched the third I was absolutely hooked. Watch them, then we can have a mass NCM argument on which of the first four seasons is the best one...

The lefty in me means I could watch the West Wing round and round pretty much forever. Also, if you have a slightly warped sense of humour, not enough people watched Green Wing back when it was on channel four 
    Green Wing was excellent

Can you get Porkys? Get the "Carry on" films, Only fools & Horses on. Show the youth of today what wit & sense of humour is. No need for mobiles,tablets in those days

My wife has an aversion to violence and also finds it hard to suspend belief on some of the cop shows so we hunt out different stuff. For quality of story line This Is Us is excellent and Big Little Lies. Also quite liked the Good Wife/ Good Fight. She liked the Crown.
    I too loved Gomorrah and the similar Romaza Criminali (not sure of the spelling) about the gangs in the time of the Red Brigades in 80s Italy.
    Sopranos is just genius and I do like Ozark.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast