+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: It all gone quiet on here - so a quick check to make sure you are all ok

Yesterday I had a moan at some low life abusing NHS staff. Today it is time to give credit to people who are getting on with with - My daughter is at work whilst 60% of her colleagues have 'gone/being sent home' she works as a civil servant getting your pension/benefits paid - so well done to her and her colleagues one of who has come back in from her honeymoon to cover the gaps. However, my reminder for this post was the rattling of the dustbins this morning, whilst I was slumbering these guys were out at the crack of dawn shifting all our crap as usual, god help us if they decide they want to stay home - there must be a lot of bugs floating around them bins - so big well done to them. Of course the emergency services get credit and rightly so; however let's identify the anonymous workers that are going about their work quietly without accolades.

PS I don't use the word hero as that is reserved for the extraordinary sole who goes far beyond what is expected and is definitely not for use when describing footballers etc. playing a good game.

Stay safe people and we will have to have the celebratory drink when the promotion comes through.

Quote Originally Posted by CalverleyBoy View Post
    Yesterday I had a moan at some low life abusing NHS staff. Today it is time to give credit to people who are getting on with with - My daughter is at work whilst 60% of her colleagues have 'gone/being sent home' she works as a civil servant getting your pension/benefits paid - so well done to her and her colleagues one of who has come back in from her honeymoon to cover the gaps. However, my reminder for this post was the rattling of the dustbins this morning, whilst I was slumbering these guys were out at the crack of dawn shifting all our crap as usual, god help us if they decide they want to stay home - there must be a lot of bugs floating around them bins - so big well done to them. Of course the emergency services get credit and rightly so; however let's identify the anonymous workers that are going about their work quietly without accolades.

PS I don't use the word hero as that is reserved for the extraordinary sole who goes far beyond what is expected and is definitely not for use when describing footballers etc. playing a good game.

Stay safe people and we will have to have the celebratory drink when the promotion comes through.
    The emergency services (as is now);

Refuse collectors
    Grocery delivery drivers
    Supermarket staff (all of them)
    Those responsible for sewage/septic tank services
    Vehicle recovery drivers
    Petrol station workers
    Power station workers (Gas, coal, wind farm. solar etc)
    Phone network workers
    Gas network distribution and home service engineers
    Oil refinery workers
    DWP staff
    Truckers
    And I'm sure many others who I haven't mentioned.

All taken for granted, just "part of the furniture" of normal every day life, but not any more (and hopefully, when things get back to something approaching what was "normal" we might just think a little more about who makes "normal" possible, and be a little more appreciative of what we ALL can and do contribute, and (even more improbable) a little kinder as a result?)

You are always gonna get a minority of morons who will act like arse-holes but on the whole here in Rotherham I can honestly say that people are being very considerate..its like the penny has dropped and its the only way forward and out of this mess.

https://www19.online-convert.com/dl/...acb1/image.jpg

Hi - hope all and families are well.Still OK here ........all Leeds Utd expats I'm in android contact with report all is well too so fingers still crossed for everyone wherever.

Managed to hit a tennis ball against a wall this week for 30 mins ........ have a daily 6am sprint to bakers to get my baguette quota each morning and am just able to squeeze in my garden 'patch' chores without breaking any curfews here which are upheld by armed Police.
    ........... still unbeaten (English version) Scrabble family Champion but sadly not so good at mackerel fishing over my garden/sea wall ............ I'm blaming the tides,a short line and the lousy hooks on my rod end floaty thingy ......... but it's a crazy thing fishing - a real challenge to learn in between doing other essential bits as needed.Here we can only go out 1km from our home to exercise daily for 1 hour with a Police drone whizzing around checking everybody adheres to which we do.

To all,stay safe & positive - MOT xx

Just stop trying to squeeze things into your garden patch and you'll be fine I'm sure.

Quote Originally Posted by leedsutdman View Post
    Just stop trying to squeeze things into your garden patch and you'll be fine I'm sure.

Quote Originally Posted by WTF11 View Post
    The emergency services (as is now);

Refuse collectors
    Grocery delivery drivers
    Supermarket staff (all of them)
    Those responsible for sewage/septic tank services
    Vehicle recovery drivers
    Petrol station workers
    Power station workers (Gas, coal, wind farm. solar etc)
    Phone network workers
    Gas network distribution and home service engineers
    Oil refinery workers
    DWP staff
    Truckers
    And I'm sure many others who I haven't mentioned.

All taken for granted, just "part of the furniture" of normal every day life, but not any more (and hopefully, when things get back to something approaching what was "normal" we might just think a little more about who makes "normal" possible, and be a little more appreciative of what we ALL can and do contribute, and (even more improbable) a little kinder as a result?)
    And the postie

Quote Originally Posted by CalverleyBoy View Post
    And the postie
    See? Knew I'd forget some real important folks! Doh!

Quote Originally Posted by leedsutdman View Post
    ..... Courgettes seeds are relatively large and flat making them easy to work with within a small area under my glass (that's glass not ass)
    MOT

https://qfreeaccountssjc1.az1.qualtr...9-JThl1RYA39ng

A link to an online survey for a guy doing a dissertation on Leeds - it's for overseas fans and their experiences of supporting Leeds.

Right up a few streets on here, and will pass a bit of time whilst helping the chap out - 15 questions, pretty fast to do.

Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)