+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: It all gone quiet on here - so a quick check to make sure you are all ok

Quote Originally Posted by CalverleyBoy View Post
    Biggest joke today is my attempt to dig out the root ball of a thirty foot conifer I took down - bloody thing, anyone any idea of how to just make it into a feature
    I realise some of you will have been losing sleep wondering how I am going on with my conifer, well - having taken delivery today of a new chainsaw chain the roots are no more and it toppled over with some persuasion, I just need six volunteers to help lift it out

I realise some of you will have been losing sleep wondering how I am going on with my conifer, well - having taken delivery today of a new chainsaw chain the roots are no more and it toppled over with some persuasion, I just need six volunteers to help lift it out
    Can't self-distance doing that, you'll have to wait a while (or make a "feature" out of it)?

Quote Originally Posted by WTF11 View Post
    Can't self-distance doing that, you'll have to wait a while (or make a "feature" out of it)?
    It is slowly being dismembered - I just don't want it to rain! This is what life has become talking about a bloody tree

CB

seriously? You used a chainsaw on the roots? that chain and the bar must be trashed.

that's what big 4 wheel drive trucks or even better some explosives are created to do! dig a trench around in and dig a channel through the roots to get a truckers chain through it. Hook up the tow hook below the bumper pull tight slowly and then rip the thing out. May take a couple of tries but it will come out. Make sure no ones standing around the radius of the chain in case it snaps. I suspect that a good 4 wheel drive truck might be harder to come by in the UK than Indiana.

Good news - The store had Liverwurst today!

It is slowly being dismembered - I just don't want it to rain! This is what life has become talking about a bloody tree
    So is it brown, your tree?

Quote Originally Posted by Jezleeds View Post
    So is it brown, your tree?
    Ha Ha - yes it is now apart from the blood, sweat, tears and vomit stains

Quote Originally Posted by spaldy View Post
    CB

seriously? You used a chainsaw on the roots? that chain and the bar must be trashed.

that's what big 4 wheel drive trucks or even better some explosives are created to do! dig a trench around in and dig a channel through the roots to get a truckers chain through it. Hook up the tow hook below the bumper pull tight slowly and then rip the thing out. May take a couple of tries but it will come out. Make sure no ones standing around the radius of the chain in case it snaps. I suspect that a good 4 wheel drive truck might be harder to come by in the UK than Indiana.

Good news - The store had Liverwurst today!
    I dug the roots clear first, but still heavy on the chain, I like the four wheel drive approach but it's a bugger driving down the three foot gap between the house and garage

I dug the roots clear first, but still heavy on the chain, I like the four wheel drive approach but it's a bugger driving down the three foot gap between the house and garage
    You should've cleared the house out of the way first to get the 4 wheel through.

In work today and a customer asked me "In what aisle could I find the Irish sausage?"
    I said "Are you Irish?"
    The guy, clearly offended, says, "Yes I am. But let me ask you something.
    “If I had asked for Italian sausage, would you ask me if I was Italian?
    Or if I had asked for German Bratwurst, would you ask me if I was German?
    I said "No, I probably wouldn't."
    The guy says, "Well then, because I asked for Irish sausage, why did you ask me
    if I'm Irish?"
    I said , "Because you're in ****in Halfords mate ."

Rude but funny

Name:  92023750_2640960456118583_3317842513670176768_n.jpg
Views: 261
Size:  28.8 KB

Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)