+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Loanee headache?

Loanee headache?

As far as I understand it most of our loans are not 'to the end of the season whenever that is' but are time limited e.g. I believe White and Meslier loan deals end on June 1st, after which the parent club is under no obligation to extend the loan. I'm not sure about Costa and Harrison as I think there's an option to buy, but again I think the option is 'once the season has completed', so may also be open to interpretation by the parent club. Do you think this will be taken care of by a temporary rule change, or is there cause for concern?

Quote Originally Posted by OldWhiteTaff View Post
    As far as I understand it most of our loans are not 'to the end of the season whenever that is' but are time limited e.g. I believe White and Meslier loan deals end on June 1st, after which the parent club is under no obligation to extend the loan. I'm not sure about Costa and Harrison as I think there's an option to buy, but again I think the option is 'once the season has completed', so may also be open to interpretation by the parent club. Do you think this will be taken care of by a temporary rule change, or is there cause for concern?
    Fair question Taff. You'd like to think they would issue an instruction that all clubs are entitled to these players until the end of the "actual" season. There wouldn't be too many clubs that don't have loanees of some description, so a general ruling would seem appropriate. Hopefully...

Exactly Oz, 'hopefully'......

They'll have to change the transfer window as well though, otherwise the situation could arise where, for example, Brighton accept a huge bid from Liverpool or Man City for White even though we've still got 4,5,6 games of this season still to play

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)