+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Players out of contract

Players out of contract

Does anybody know what happens with these players? Their's a long list of players out of contract at the end of the season and I pressume when the season kicks off again it'll probably be extended beyond May/June.
    Does their contract state 'til END of such and such SEASON' or is their a specific date?

It states June 30th in most cases.

There was a big thing about this on 5live in the week.

Issue with the season going past 30th June is also sponsors, kit people etc.

If it goes past June 30th you could have a situation where there has been a big kit launch with say adidas as new kit but then 3 games have to played in puma kits.

Could cause some real issues and nobody on the program, including the "Legal sporting experts" were really sure what to say.

As I said on an earlier thread, it's extraordinary times so unusual or extraordinary measures are going to need to be put in place. As ever, the lawyers will make a fortune either rewriting or renegotiating contracts and deals but I hope common sense is used...something like extend existing deals by the length of time they have left now with the extension to kick in when the season restarts; at the same time, new deals, arrangements, etc, will start when the extensions end.

That sort of thing.

And that'll be why I'm not a lawyer.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)