+ Visit Cambridge United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Frank,Griff and Kel...

Frank,Griff and Kel...

It looks like there will be some grim and uncertain times ahead in both work,free time and peoples health over the next few months and unfortunately it looks like its going to get worse before it gets better so I just want to say look after yourselves lads and fingers crossed that things will soon get normal(ish) for you and your familes as soon as possible and that you all stay safe

Thanks Chalky. I’ll be staying at home as much as possible though I’ll venture out when my supplies of red are getting low. There are some complete doylems out there being completely irresponsible and I’d rather not be in their company. I did a leaflet drop yesterday offering the Parish Council’s help with fetching and carrying for older people and those self-isolating. We had a complaint that our leaflets may be contaminated with Coronavirus from one punter and I’ll be round to nail up his letter-box if he’s not careful. My Mum’s now 101 and in a care home which has locked its doors to visitors so I didn’t think I’d get to see her on Mothers’ Day. I took a box of chocolates round anyway and the staff arranged for the blinds to be opened so that I could have a chat with her through the closed window, It’s small acts of kindness like that that give me hope. The wingers, hoarders, and blind ignorant can just f*uck right off.

Best wishes to you too Chalky lad, keep safe.

That's a great service that you are providing for the old and the weak Griff and you should be proud of yourself for what you are doing,the person who complained about the leaflet should be ashamed of themselves and I bet that they wouldn't complain if they had to self isolate and needed your kind help,it saddens me to see the supermarkets shelves striped bare of food and essentials,nobody said that there was a food shortage but the greedy and selfish have created a problem where there wasn't one,if everyone did there normal stopping there would be plenty to go round
    I can't believe that your mum is a 101 years old,just think of what she's seen and the stories that she could tell,I've got a huge respect for the elder generation and it's amazing to think that she was in her twenties during the war,we won't see her type ever again
    I'm going to include you all of you and your families in prayers tonight and it's doesn't matter if you are a believer or not he will still get the message and like I said good health to you all over these uncertain times (especially Mrs Griff Sr)

Cheers, Chalks, and take care of yourself too. Weird times aren’t they?

Good on you too, Griffie, and stay safe when you do your good deeds.

Ta both. Chalky, during the war my Mum worked on two local airfields, shunting bombers around under cover and driving pilots around in a jeep. Family history has it that she met my Dad sheltering from the sun under the wing of a Flying Fortress, which I find hard to believe. I mean, sunshine? In Cumbria? Dad worked on the aircraft instruments, often having to go up with a pilot to check the calibrations. He didn’t like the old Hudsons and said that the Solway Firth was nicknamed Hudson Bay because so many went down in it. We don’t know we’re born, virus or no virus.

Go well lads.

Bloody help Griff that sounds like something from a 40's movie,are your parents Trevor Howard and Celia Johnson by any chance?
    I hope that the long life is in the genes

Quote Originally Posted by kel_ View Post
    Cheers, Chalks, and take care of yourself too. Weird times aren’t they?

Good on you too, Griffie, and stay safe when you do your good deeds.
    Name:  IMG_20200323_094533.jpg
Views: 238
Size:  82.2 KB

I've just been going through my mail Kel and have been sent this Dale keyring,is it any good to your lad and if it is could you send me your address again,you have my word that it won't be passed on elsewhere

07375 870747

Belting, chalks, he’ll love it. I’ll send in morning so I don’t wake you up.

Thanks for that.

No problem Kel

So the first month of the Coronavirus lockdown has almost ended and we've got three more weeks to look forward to,how is everyone coping,has your near and dear ones managed to avoid the virus,who's got cabin fever?
    I got my call up papers about ten days ago because of staff shortages and although I didn't want to go it would be unchristian not to go where you are needed
    What's people's thoughts on the football,will the season carry on or will it be scratched out of the history books,maybe we could finish it behind closed doors which is a good idea in theory but I'm pretty sure the the club's in League One and lower are starting to feel the financial pinch now with no punters going through the gates,when will next season begin if we carry on with this one,what about promotion and relegation if we dont,there are no clear answers but something has to be decided by the FA soon,Notts are in the semis of the FA Vase,will that be scrapped,I can't remember who's left in it now but I'm pretty sure that there are a couple of lower league clubs that's season has been finished for them already so denying them a trip for a once in a lifetime trip to Wembley as well would be cruel indeed
    Anyway look after yourselves lads and hopefully we will all get out of this unscathed

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)