Treat your loved ones to a Track Days Experience voucher for when the lockdown ends!
Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Disappointed at the images

  1. #1

    Disappointed at the images

    I am seeing many images of UK shops, pharmacies etc with very little stock and with individuals bulk buying all types of items if a totally headless fashion. The UK govt doesn't really seem to be able or prepared to create a cohesive plan and the emergency services certainly don't seem to be in a position to monitor or control the situation.

    But what disappoints me lost is the behaviour and attitude of an alarmingly high number of individuals who seem to be snubbing their nose at the virus, protocols and other members of society. I see pictures of massive profiteering and almost plundering. What the hell has happened to the mentality of UK society?

    Here we've had a lockdown from early doors, less than a 100 infected, 1 death from preexisting conditions, less likelyhood of a spread and the population being very compliant and respectful of the situation.

    As a percentage here theres going to be a much higher number of job losses, business failures etc but a better mentality and acceptance of the situation.

    Where has the UK gone wrong.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    3,387
    Quote Originally Posted by georgefoxposse1 View Post
    I am seeing many images of UK shops, pharmacies etc with very little stock and with individuals bulk buying all types of items if a totally headless fashion. The UK govt doesn't really seem to be able or prepared to create a cohesive plan and the emergency services certainly don't seem to be in a position to monitor or control the situation.

    But what disappoints me lost is the behaviour and attitude of an alarmingly high number of individuals who seem to be snubbing their nose at the virus, protocols and other members of society. I see pictures of massive profiteering and almost plundering. What the hell has happened to the mentality of UK society?

    Here we've had a lockdown from early doors, less than a 100 infected, 1 death from preexisting conditions, less likelyhood of a spread and the population being very compliant and respectful of the situation.

    As a percentage here theres going to be a much higher number of job losses, business failures etc but a better mentality and acceptance of the situation.

    Where has the UK gone wrong.
    Because, and it is sad to say it, a majority of people here are selfish b@stards who don’t give a flying phuck about anyone else other than themselves - make sure you’ve got in your paracetamol, lavvie roll and frozen food first before heading down to the Dolphin for ten pints before it shuts.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    2,782
    Quote Originally Posted by georgefoxposse1 View Post

    where has the uk gone wrong.
    greed!

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Posts
    153
    All the best Brits have moved abroad!

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    3,490
    We keep being told there's enough supply to cope with demand but I don't see the shops filling up anytime soon and it's not like there's loads of people panic buying anymore. Not the shops I've been in anyway. 10am this morning and I couldn't get any milk ffs.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    13,903
    Honest to phuck i have just seen photo's of the Tube stations and trains this morning and they are phucking packed.I will never come on here with the intention of scaremongering but we or perhaps just the south of England are heading for Italian numbers if no action is taken by the Westminster government.
    The Metro newspaper has shown the images online today and its frightening.Anybody seen the daft barsteward filmed saying he is not scared of the virus then licking the shelves in a supermarket?.WTF are you doing son?.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    1,986
    Quote Originally Posted by GUNBOAT View Post
    Honest to phuck i have just seen photo's of the Tube stations and trains this morning and they are phucking packed.I will never come on here with the intention of scaremongering but we or perhaps just the south of England are heading for Italian numbers if no action is taken by the Westminster government.
    The Metro newspaper has shown the images online today and its frightening.Anybody seen the daft barsteward filmed saying he is not scared of the virus then licking the shelves in a supermarket?.WTF are you doing son?.
    I agree with you about people going to pubs and parks but the Tube on a Monday morning is a bit different. My work is still open and we're expected to be there even though my job is in no way an essential service. I'm not at work due to personal circumstances but what do people do if they are being told by their employer that they have to go to work?

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    13,903
    Quote Originally Posted by jjaflup22 View Post
    I agree with you about people going to pubs and parks but the Tube on a Monday morning is a bit different. My work is still open and we're expected to be there even though my job is in no way an essential service. I'm not at work due to personal circumstances but what do people do if they are being told by their employer that they have to go to work?
    The Westminster government should be taking that decision out of employers hands.If they don't the infection rate will rocket.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    3,162
    Quote Originally Posted by GUNBOAT View Post
    The Westminster government should be taking that decision out of employers hands.If they don't the infection rate will rocket.

    They soon will, looks like they are trying to introduce measures piece by piece, Marshall Law with curfews by Thursday evening

    Troops on the streets of Lochee by the weekend will the plastic paddies into meltdown

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    1,986
    Quote Originally Posted by GUNBOAT View Post
    The Westminster government should be taking that decision out of employers hands.If they don't the infection rate will rocket.
    100% agree.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •