+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: New investment?

Quote Originally Posted by MadAmster View Post
    Reports from the DET and the Telegraph. Anything in them? World's 25th richest man would be a huge signing but..... not raising my hopes until he's signed on the dotted line.

https://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/spo...stment-3974934

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football...el-dell-major/
    Looking like the return of the three Amigos

Now being reported as a 30 million "commercial loan"

That won't last long the way we are bleeding cash - 3 years maybe. Critical that promotion is attained or that sort of millstone could drown us.

As phrased in DT it does not sound like an investment in the club really.

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff Parkstone View Post
    Now being reported as a 30 million "commercial loan"

That won't last long the way we are bleeding cash - 3 years maybe. Critical that promotion is attained or that sort of millstone could drown us.

As phrased in DT it does not sound like an investment in the club really.
    So is it just a loan then GP?
    If so, what is it up against? Seeing as you don't own the ground anymore

There are those saying the club is losing £2.5M a month. If true, which I doubt, the new cash would run out after 1 year......

I'm not sure that the 2.5m bleed is terribly accurate, but we should be able to see later in the week when the accounts should be filed for the year ended 06-19

Unless of course they decide to seek the 3 moth corona extension on filing

Having said that, the company that now owns the ground, Gellaw Newco 202 Limited is now a couple of weeks late in filing its accounts, which were due 19-03.

In November Gellaw Newco 202 Limited pledged the ground under a fixed and floating charge in favour of Rams Investments Limited in connection with certain "Finance Documents". There appears to be some borrowing from Rams Investment Limited, which is owned by Duet Holdings - a Henry Gabay company.

So if the Gabay consortium has a charge over the ground, how will the Dell investment work - or are part of the proceeds from the Dell investment going to go to pay off borrowing from Gabay?

And still the accounts are late! Conspiracy theory please?

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff Parkstone View Post

And still the accounts are late! Conspiracy theory please?
    I'll play. Mel plans to liquidate the club and turn the Stadium into a venue for concerts, Boxing and regular WWE extravaganza in order to have a chance of turning a profit

Money is wrecking the game, every club world wide struggling! I'd love to know if there really is a club that's making a profit. Why would you want to buy a club to lose money, I really don't understand why folk are prepared to make such massive financial losses in buying a football club! These billionaires are top business men so why would they want to buy a club knowing they are going to lose millions?

Quote Originally Posted by Manofpride View Post
    Money is wrecking the game, every club world wide struggling! I'd love to know if there really is a club that's making a profit. Why would you want to buy a club to lose money, I really don't understand why folk are prepared to make such massive financial losses in buying a football club! These billionaires are top business men so why would they want to buy a club knowing they are going to lose millions?

Mostly because they have money to burn and want something to play with for their own egos?

I can see the attraction for a local businessman who has made his millions and wants to put some money in to his local club. Ben Robinson at Burton seems to ahve the right approach, a careful budget and see where it gets you, but I guess Derby fans want more?

This is of course a two edged sword as Mel has found out, you can't keep everybody happy.

As for clubs that make a profit, Man Utd? or at least until the Glaziers loaded debt on it

Is money wrecking the game? Its a mute question but certainly I'd say players are now overpaid and agents seem to cream off millions for doing **** all.

I'm not sure it's even a moot point Swale. It's clear cut to me, but maybe I'm even more of a cynic than you!

I also suspect there may be tax advantages to investing in loss making businesses, although not sure how. It can't be all altruism, but there are also spinoff marketing advantages and maybe its an acceptable way round anti money laundering rules in some jurisdictions

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)