Quote Originally Posted by mickd1961 View Post
It is a mess Minn.

Last week I had 5 out of 7 staff with illness and “isolation” issues so we ended up getting behind on our online packing.

I “parked” three members on the ( as yet ) not fully clarified 80% scheme with me making up the other 20% of their wages yet even my accountant can’t yet tell me how the 80% is going to be paid!?

Is it to me to then pass on or is it paid by government to the staff direct or do I find the money and then claim it back from HMRC?

No “flesh on the bones” whatever!

So 4 of the lads are in this week all properly spaced out and we’ve been sanitising and washing hands for a week longer than government instruction.

It’s a very awkward situation as a business owner if I’m being honest.

Because we’re online we can’t just switch everything off because if we do,when we switch on again,the years we've spent reaching high up the Google rankings will be f hooked and I might as well shut the doors for good.

Trying to balance keeping a business running,keeping 7 people fully employed who’s mortgages and lives depend on me and keeping a roof over my own head whilst everyone retaining their health.

I’m operating safely,I’m hammering them daily on cleaning protocols so I’ll carry on for now and “park” the staff as the work drops off and we clear the decks and until we get closed down.

If total shutdown comes though and we do have to switch everything off it will be truly f king calamitous for my business.
Hi Mick. I hope your as well as can be chap. I noticed several leading brands have taken down their on-line presence. Can't you just keep a handful of best selling SKU's on your website live and show the remainder as being 'out of stock' even if they aren't? I'd do that and put a polite notice on explaining that your running at reduced capacity in view of the current crisis etc. You'll still maintain traffic within Google whilst managing the workload in a reduced capacity